World renowned wildlife photographer Tim Flach will join experts from international conservation charity ZSL this November to shine a spotlight on some of the world’s most endangered species at Endangered: Species behind the lens.
The event, celebrating the publication of Tim Flach’s latest project, Endangered (published by Abrams), will tell the story of the species behind some of his most powerful images.
The evening of discussion will explore how the acclaimed photographer captured shots of some of Earth’s rarest animals, from the world’s most illegally trafficked mammal, the pangolin, to the La Palma pupfish (Cyprinodon longidorsalis), now extinct in the wild.
These accounts will be accompanied by the insight of ZSL’s own zoologists and field conservationists, who are working on the ground worldwide to bring these remarkable animals back from the edge of extinction.
Through personal stories and powerful imagery, including images taken within ZSL’s collections and at field sites, the evening will highlight the plight of species across the globe and feature the voices of individuals from across ZSL, from aquarium curator and conservationists to head veterinarian.
A truly unique event exploring the stories of the species behind the images, Endangered: Species behind the lens is unmissable for anyone with a passion for wildlife photography or a love of the natural world.
Attending this event
This event has now sold out.
- This is a ticketed event. Tickets cost £5 (£4 for members).
- Venue: Huxley Lecture Theatre, Main Meeting Rooms, ZSL London Zoo. See map.
- Nearest underground – Camden Town. Nearest bus – no.274
- Doors will open at 5:30pm for a 6:30pm start.
- Seats are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Following the main event a book signing and networking event will take place from 8:00-9:00pm. Books will be on sale at the signing for £50.
- Following the event, Endangered will be available on the ZSL Online Shop at shop.zsl.org
For any ticketing enquiries contact our Supporter Services team on 0344 225 1826 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any press enquiries, please contact Holly Bestley, specialist press officer, email@example.com, 0207 449 6288