Become a ZSL Patron
ZSL Patrons is your opportunity to be part of conservation action and be inspired by wildlife. Your support is vital.
Join our ZSL Patrons programme today to be part of a dedicated group of supporters whose passion and commitment enables ZSL to carry out vital conservation, education and research across the globe.
As a ZSL Patron, you will have the opportunity to connect with our animals, people and projects through bespoke events and a tailored programme, while supporting ZSL's charitable work. The programme also offers the flexibility to choose the level of gift at which you would like to support ZSL, including the opportunity of paying for your Patronage by monthly Direct Debit.
Support ZSL’s work to conserve animals and their habitats across the planet by joining as a ZSL Patron and enjoy a host of benefits.
The ZSL Patrons programme consists of four different levels, making it easier for you to choose a level of support which suits you best. We are delighted to offer ZSL Patronage payments as both an annual payment, or by monthly Direct Debit.
Partner Patronage (from £600)
Could fund in-country education materials
- Unlimited entry to ZSL London and ZSL Whipsnade Zoos for the Primary Patron and up to six family members named on your Patronage
- Invitations to ZSL events throughout the year
- Sign in two family guests per visit
- Two complimentary entrance tickets to the Zoos for you to give family members
- An introduction to ZSL from the Individual Giving Team
- Personalised ZSL Patrons communications
- Subscription to ZSL's magazine, Wild About, ZSL's Annual Review and Trustee Statements
- 10% discount on shops and cafes and some ZSL ticketed events
- 10% discount on ZSL experiences
- 10% discount on ZSL venue hire for private entertaining
- Free parking at both Zoos all year round and free car entry at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
Guardian Patronage (from £1,350)
Could equip a ranger in Thailand
all the benefits of Partner Level plus:
- An extra two complimentary entrance tickets to the Zoos for you to give family members (four entrance tickets in total)
- Recognition in the ZSL Annual Review
- Additional event elements to some of the exclusive ZSL Patrons events. Previous events have included a breakfast or a behind-the-scenes tour before the main event
- A personal introduction to ZSL with a dedicated Individual Giving team member so that you can make the most of your Patronage
Ambassador Patronage (from £2,500)
Could fund a pangolin tracking expedition
all the benefits of Guardian level plus:
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes experience of your choice at ZSL London or Whipsnade Zoo for up to six people (subject to ZSL approval)
- An extra two complimentary entrance tickets to the Zoos for you to give family members (six entrance tickets in total)
- VIP invitations to special events throughout the year including ZSL’s keynote scientific lecture, the Stamford Raffles lecture
President’s Circle Patronage (from £5,000)
Could provide rangers with night vision technology
all the benefits of Ambassador level plus:
- Sign in an extra two family guests per visit (four family guests in total)
- A personalised and tailored experience to meet your interests to learn more about a particular area of our work
- An extra two complimentary entrance tickets to the Zoos for you to give family members (eight entrance tickets in total)
If you are a UK taxpayer, ZSL can claim Gift Aid on the entirety of your Patronage donation. This will increase the amount you donate by an additional 25% at no extra cost to you. A Gift Aid declaration is included on your ZSL Patrons application form, or please contact the Individual Giving team.
We are delighted to offer ZSL Patrons a whole host of unique and exciting opportunities to connect with the work of the Zoological Society of London across the year through an innovative calendar of ZSL events.
The events programme which you have access to as a ZSL Patron will include intimate and exclusive Patron events, along with priority invitations and unique upgrades to other events taking place across the year, ranging from exhibit openings to tours.
ZSL Patrons have been invited to a range of events at both zoos, with topics representing the breadth of ZSL's work.
In 2017 to date, Patrons attended the Royal opening of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo's new Centre for Elephant Care which highlighted ZSL's global work with this species. In June, a newly launched event, ZSL's Supporters' Day, was held with a day of tours taking in different areas of ZSL's work, including animal enrichment and behaviour training, and inside ZSL's science buildings. Also in June, Ambassador and President's Circle Patrons were invited to ZSL's keynote scientific lecture, the Stamford Raffles lecture, which was preceded by a VIP reception. In July, the exclusive Patron event to welcome ZSL's white-cheeked gibbons back to ZSL London Zoo was held, with short talks from ZSL's scientists and keepers.
If you would like to learn more about the ZSL Patron programme and to hear about some examples of events taking place, please contact us at email@example.com or on 020 7449 6403/06.
ZSL Patrons are at the very heart of our Society. We are delighted to share here some of their experiences about what it's like to be a Patron of the Zoological Society of London.
Amanda, Mark, Charlie and Emily
"We first became Friends of ZSL over 10 years ago when, with a young, fractious baby, ZSL London Zoo became a lifeline. We visited most weeks, whatever the weather, and while baby Charlie was fascinated by the animals I had a chance to catch up with fellow new mums. When Emily came along two years later, she quickly became as enthralled as we were. Having spent so much time at the zoo and getting to know the lovely staff, we came to realise that London Zoo and Whipsnade are only a small part of ZSL. The conservation, research and education programmes are world class. By becoming Patrons we are able to support this important work, and safeguard the legacy for our children. The special events such as the BUGS exhibit Sleepover, the Christmas Party, Sunset Safaris and lectures have been both fabulous fun and great learning experiences. My personal favourite remains the tour of the veterinary hospital and a demonstration of how to anaesthetise a fish - you'll have to become a Patron to see how its done!"
Jason and Irene
"For us, at first, joining ZSL as a patron was purely about supporting an organisation that itself supports something we care deeply about: Animals. ZSL London Zoo and Whipsnade are simply the tips of an iceberg of an organisation, one that supports research, field work and conservation around the globe. To do that needs a lot of financial support and being a patron is a wonderful way to contribute. Since we have joined, through specialists talks, events and behind-the-scenes access provided by Patronage, we have discovered all the more just how valuable our contribution is, and seen first-hand its positive effects. For this reason alone we will continue our patronage, but we were pleasantly surprised to see what an effort the charity and their Patron team go to in order to provide us with special access to so many unique, interesting things we'd never normally see - and as such Patronage becomes more than just a vehicle for donation but also a genuinely worthwhile investment."
Being a ZSL Patron is intrinsic to my own values and beliefs about the elemental significance of the natural world. A healthy world encompassing sustainable biological diversity and natural resources is essential to our existence. Nature is not an adjunct to humanity; we are part of nature and our future is wholly reliant on it.
We all have a responsibility to act now "to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats". I have children, Lucas and Eva. The delight that they take from London and Whipsnade Zoo and being in nature is immense.
ZSL is at the forefront of worldwide conservation and I feel privileged to be able to contribute to these efforts. Tangible and positive results are being achieved by ZSL's projects. Let's continue to support our champions of the natural world.