ZSL scientists will be at the Royal Society’s free annual science festival this summer, running from 2nd – 8th July.
Showcasing some of the best research being carried out across the UK, the exhibition gives public and school audiences the opportunity to talk directly to scientists about their discoveries and take part in hands-on activities and demonstrations.
For some of the world’s richest environments, we have very little information about the status and trends of the species that live there. Our research, within the Institute of Zoology at ZSL, seeks to develop and exploit novel technologies to monitor and understand the status and behaviour of animals around the world.
Technologies like specially adapted cameras, tracking devices and camera traps are helping us to reveal the richness and complexity of these habitats and to determine how environmental change is impacting wildlife in these environments.
Using these technologies to understand how biodiversity and behaviour is changing in response to human impacts will enable us to design and implement conservation measures to protect and conserve species around the world.
Join us at the Royal Society to find out more!
Learn more about our projects:
- Discover more about our work tracking sharks in the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT)
- Explore our work studying the deep sea floor off the coast of Greenland
- Read about and define the status and trends of biodiversity and measure human impact on the planet
- Find out how we use camera traps to study animals across the world
Find out how you can get involved:
- Volunteer with ZSL
- Take part in our citizen science projects
- Sign up to receive our regular e-mail newsletter with details of future Science and Conservation Events
- Practice your animal identification skills and help conservationists identify what’s been photographed and filmed by their camera traps
- Interested in a career in conservation science? Find out about our careers days and other opportunities
- Teachers, discover our extensive education offer at ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
Listen to our podcast
Hear more about the science behind the conservation work being carried out by ZSL and others in our monthly podcast.
Donate to ZSL
Your donation supports ZSL’s vital conservation work around the world. Find out how to make a donation.