BY REGISTERING FOR AN INSTANT WILD ACCOUNT YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT THIS AGREEMENT DOES
We, the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) of Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4RY license you to use the Instant Wild mobile application software (App) and website and any updates or supplements to it as permitted in these terms.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the App or any Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR SPECIFIC SERVICES
One Signal. We use a third party plugin provided by One Signal to allow you to follow projects and to send push notifications if you have allowed Instant Wild to communicate with you in this way. No personally identifiable information is provided by us to One Signal, an ID number is created to represent you and the only other information collected by One Signal is your device, operating system and language.
APPSTORES TERMS ALSO APPLY
The ways in which you can use the App and Documentation may also be controlled by Apple’s rules and policies if you are an iPhone User, and the Google Play Store’s rules and policies if you are an Android user.
OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Instant Wild can be used either online as a website or by downloading the Instant Wild app. The Instant Wild app requires a Smart Phone device with either an iOS or Android operating system. Instant Wild has been built to support the below operating systems. It may still work on older operating systems but this is not guaranteed:
- iPhone 6/7 FW 10.2 - Safari
- iPad 2 FW 9.3.5 - Safari
- Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge FW 6.0.1 - Chrome
DESKTOP - WINDOWS
- Windows 7 - IE11
- Windows 7 - Chrome
- Windows 10 - Edge
DESKTOP - MAC OS
- macOS 10.12 - Safari 10
- macOS 10.12 - Chrome
- OSX 10.11 - Chrome
SUPPORT FOR INSTANT WILD AND HOW TO TELL US ABOUT PROBLEMS
Support. If you want to learn more about the App please visit our About page.
Contacting us (including with complaints). If you have any problems or wish to contact us for any other reason please email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you we will do so by email using the contact details you have provided to us.
HOW YOU MAY USE THE APP
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- download or stream a copy of the App onto your device(s) and view, use and display the App and the Service on your device(s) for your personal purposes only.
- receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of the App incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
YOU MUST BE 16 TO REGISTER FOR AN INSTANT WILD ACCOUNT
So that Instant Wild is compliant with data protection laws, users must be 16 or older to create an account. If you are under 16 you can still use Instant Wild as a guest user, which allows you to contribute to conservation without sharing any personal data.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce.
We will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change by notifying you of a change when you next start the App or visit the website.
If you do not accept the notified changes you should not continue to use the App and the Service.
UPDATE TO THE APP AND CHANGES TO THE SERVICE
From time to time we may automatically update the App and change the Service to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively we may ask you to update the App for these reasons.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App and the Services.
IF SOMEONE ELSE OWNS THE PHONE OR DEVICE YOU ARE USING
If you download or stream the App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
WE MAY COLLECT TECHNICAL DATA ABOUT YOUR DEVICE
By using the App or any of the Services, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use the App on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide any Services to you.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER WEBSITES YOU LINK TO
The App or any Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the App or the Services in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the App, Documentation or Services, except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App, Documentation or Services nor permit the App or the Services or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the App and the Services on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or the Services nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the App to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without the Licensor’s prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App or any Service.
ACCEPTABLE USE RESTRICTIONS
- not use the website, App or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the website, App, any Service or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the website, App or any Service (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the website, App or any Service;
- not use the website, App or any Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights in the website, App, the Documentation and the Services throughout the world belong to us or our licensors and the rights in the website, App and the Services are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the App, the Documentation or the Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
Instant Wild is a friendly and inclusive community where comments are encouraged. In order to keep it that way there are some straightforward rules users must follow when commenting:
We will not tolerate personal attacks, harassment or anything of a sexist, racist, or homophobic nature. Anything that could be deemed offensive or libellous will be removed and, may result in the immediate and permanent restriction of your account.
Comments or discussions written intentionally to provoke or offend will also be removed.
We want to make sure Instant Wild is a safe and pleasant place for everyone, so don’t use offensive or rude language. Please keep it clean and appropriate.
A profanity filter is in place to prevent comments including swearwords from being automatically posted, these will then be deleted.
Comment deemed to be solely promotional in nature will be deleted. Any comments containing links will automatically go for moderation before being posted. Anything that contains only a link to your blog, a product, or similar site will almost always be deleted.
Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but will have to go through moderation.
We currently only support English-only discussions. Non-English comments and discussions will be removed.
If you see something, say something
If you see an issue or a user behaving inappropriately contact us on email@example.com if possible or flag any comments for review.
ZSL reserves the right to delete any comments submitted to Instant Wild without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time. If you have any questions on the commenting policy, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use ‘cookies’ to enhance your experience of Instant Wild. Cookies mean that the Instant Wild App will remember you for a particular purpose and for a particular length of time. To see our cookies policy, please click here.
WE MAY END YOUR RIGHTS TO HAVE AN INSTANT WILD ACCOUNT IF YOU BREAK THESE TERMS
We may delete your Instant Wild account at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
WE MAY TRANSFER THIS AGREEMENT TO SOMEONE ELSE
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
NO RIGHTS FOR THIRD PARTIES
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
IF A COURT FINDS PART OF THIS CONTRACT ILLEGAL, THE REST WILL CONTINUE IN FORCE
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
EVEN IF WE DELAY IN ENFORCING THIS CONTRACT, WE CAN STILL ENFORCE IT LATER
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
WHICH LAWS APPLY TO THIS CONTRACT AND WHERE YOU MAY BRING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.