Can you do something wild for wildlife?
ZSL and our Zoos - London and Whipsnade - are home to over 25,000 animals, many endangered in the wild. As a charity, we need your help to continue to care for and protect wildlife in our Zoos and around the world from extinction.
Take on our Around the World in 30 Days challenge!
This June, we’re going Around the World in 30 Days for wildlife! From cheetahs in Africa to hazel dormice in Britain, species across the world are in danger of going extinct, unless we act now.
Together, we want to walk, run, wheel and cycle 'Around the World' this June - that's 40,075km - to raise money to help us continue our worldwide conservation work.
How you achieve your distance is entirely up to you; you can do it all in one day or cover smaller distances on a daily basis. You and your family and friends can even take part on a visit to our Zoos as you'll probably walk 5km on a day out at London or Whipsnade Zoo!
Clock your distance on our global tracker and see how far we can collectively progress around the world. Along the way we'll unlock amazing heart-warming stories of how conservation is making a difference in some of the world's most important habitats.
Other ways to fundraise
There are lots of ways you can fundraise for wildlife, from a sponsored animal dress up day to an animal-themed yoga marathon – the possibilities are endless.
Becoming a fundraiser is simple, and fun! Just follow these steps to get going:
- First things first – choose your challenge! Check out our A-Z of ideas in our fundraising pack or come up with your own animal-themed fundraiser.
- Set up your fundraising page on JustGiving and click on the ‘start fundraising’ button.
- Follow the steps to set up and personalise your page. Include a photograph, share your story, and don’t forget to set a target – pages with targets raise 46% more on average.
- Roar loud and proud. Ask your friends, family, colleagues and neighbours to support you. Share your fundraiser on social media, WhatsApp and email – people love to hear about the good things you’re doing.
- Let’s get going! Put on your best animal outfit and get started with your challenge. Make sure to take pictures and tag us on social media – we’d love to see what you get up to.
Every single penny you raise will make a real difference in supporting our animals and our worldwide conservation work.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s do this!
For more information, tips and inspiration, Find out more and sign up
If you do any offline fundraising, you can use our sponsorship form and send the money you raise in by cheque. Download our sponsorship form for more details.
Please stay safe and always make sure your fundraising activity will be carried out in line with the latest government guidelines around social distancing and events.