Do you want to help shape the future of ZSL? Do you have a drive to help wildlife thrive, and uplift the voice of your generation?
This year we’re launching the ZSL Youth Advisory Board to help shape the future direction of the organisation. This group of 16-25 year olds will be tasked with advising ZSL’s Executive Committee on how they can best incorporate the needs and views of young people, to ensure young people are empowered and engaged with ZSL’s vision.
This voluntary group will produce a ZSL youth engagement action plan each year, be consulted for their perspective on projects across the organisation and act as young ambassadors for ZSL at external events. Members will sit on the board for a term of two years.
What members will gain:
- The opportunity to be involved in an international wildlife conservation charity
- A chance to be part of a team of diverse, friendly, like-minded people
- Experience and an opportunity to learn new skills, including: organisational governance, communication, leadership, project management and more
- CV and careers advice
- Eligibility for student fellowship during your time on the board
- The opportunity to attend ZSL events
- Travel reimbursement
- Unlimited zoo access
Members don’t need to have a background in zoology or conservation or know a lot about zoos to be on our board. We are looking for young people with a wide variety of interests and skills. The most important thing is being enthusiastic about working with staff from across ZSL, as well as other likeminded individuals on the Board, to influence the work of our international organisation.
To find out more about the board, download the role description below.
Applications for the board are now closed, with interviews taking place shortly.
If you have any questions about the ZSL Youth Advisory Board, get in touch with us.