Join as a Student Fellow for £52, that's less than £5 per month, and gain unlimited entrance to London or Whipsnade Zoo.
ZSL Fellowship will inspire you with amazing experiences, giving you a lifelong connection to wildlife and empowering you with the tools you need to play a role in conservation. By joining as a Fellow, we will take you behind the science, informing you about the challenges facing wildlife and connecting you with our work to change the future of the planet.
If you are studying a life science or a subject related to our work, you can join as a Student Fellow from only £52 a year, enhancing your studies with an academic toolkit.
Join before 10 October and join us for exciting upcoming events including our exclusive Student Conference an opportunity to network, listen to new talks and gain CPD hours. Additionally join us for our online talks, Annual General Meeting, volunteering and more!
Learn more about your Fellowship privileges including engaging you with our field programmes, world-leading science and the incredible animals in our Zoos. You will receive invitations to events including a new online series, and discounts on symposia and journals. Learn more about your Fellowship privileges by visiting our Fellowship page, or get a taster of one of our most recent events, Predicting a Pandemic.
Not studying a life science? You could still be eligible for a Concession Fellowship for £143 if you can demonstrate an active interest in conservation or zoology!
- Governance responsibilities including the right to stand for, and electing ZSL's council Members (Trustees).
- Receive ZSL’s publications including the Fellow exclusive publication, The Zoologist; and Wild About magazine.
- Discounts on Wiley books at 35% and subscriptions to Animal Conservation at 60%.
- Discounted ticketing for science ticketed lectures and symposia, including our keynote lecture of the year, the Stamford Raffles Lecture.
- Exclusive invitations to Fellow and Speaker receptions before ZSL’s monthly scientific lectures and other specialist events at our Zoos and with our scientists, conservationists and keepers.
- Borrowing rights in the extensive ZSL Library at Regent’s Park, the largest zoological collection in the country and a great place to study and research.
- Unlimited entry to London and Whipsnade Zoo for you and a family guest, including complimentary car access at Whipsnade Zoo (year round) and off-peak car access at London Zoo.
Want a taste of Fellowship?
Learn from ZSL PhD student Joshua Powell as he discusses conservation on the Korean Peninsula, with a particular focus on the region's diverse mammal biota.
Or join ZSL's Animal Behaviour Officer, Jim Mackie, about how the unique work undertaken at our Zoos is an essential tool ensure the health of the animals in our care.