Wild Lunch Wednesdays took place throughout February, March and April 2021, giving you the opportunity to hear directly from ZSL staff and students, as they described their fieldwork experiences and discussed the challenges and rewards of working in conservation science.
We were joined 'live' by viewers from across the world, offering them the opportunity to directly engage with our experts and ask their questions.
You can re-watch all of the events below and also read our follow-up blogs (where we answered some of the audience questions that we didn't have time for!)
View the Wild Lunch Wednesdays playlist
Wednesday 3rd February 2021 - Diving deep in Greenland
Meet ZSL scientist Chris Yesson and hear about his fieldwork, studying the deep sea floor in Greenland, as he describes close-encounters with icebergs and reveals how he studies what's at the bottom of the sea without getting his feet wet!
Wednesday 17th February - A passion for Pangolins
Wednesday 3rd March - Wild Dogs, Lions and Me
Wednesday 17th March - Wildlife gems in UK waters
Meet ZSL marine conservationist Celine Gamble as she takes us into the field closer to home, exploring the coastline and oyster beds of Great Britain.
Wednesday 31st March - Shark Tales
Meet ZSL scientist David Curnick and hear about his experiences in the Indian Ocean researching sharks! With blue seas and sandy beaches, carrying out fieldwork here sounds like paradise, but it’s hard work too!
Wednesday 14th April - Championing Dwarf Geckos in Colombia
Wednesday 28th April - Tigers in Nepal
Meet ZSL conservationist Pawan Gautam, as he describes his fieldwork experiences working with tigers and people in the national parks and surrounding areas of western Nepal.
- Contact Eleanor Darbey at firstname.lastname@example.org for any Science and Conservation Event related enquiries.
- For press enquiries, please contact the ZSL Press Office: email@example.com.
- For more information about how to join the ZSL Fellowship programme and engage with a network of thousands who are shaping the future of conservation, please click here.
- Sign up here to receive email updates about forthcoming ZSL and Conservation Events.
- Read the latest blog posts from our scientists and conservationists here.
- Follow us on Twitter @ZSLScience to hear about new publications from our researchers, upcoming events and podcast episode releases.
- Now you can also Follow us on Facebook @ZSLScienceAndConservation to receive notifications about new events!
- Subscribe to the ZSL Science and Conservation YouTube channel
- Listen to the ZSL Wild Science podcast
Sign up for free email updates and alerts about forthcoming ZSL and conservation events to make sure you're always in the know about the future of conservation in the UK and around the globe.