As a resident in Wildlife Population Health, Marco's studies focus on investigating threats of diseases to free-living species and addressing interventions required for safeguarding threatened wildlife. It includes disease management and prevention, surveillance, outbreak investigation and epidemiology.
- July 2021 - Present: European College of Zoological Medicine (ECZM) Wildlife Population Health Resident, Institute of Zoology and Royal Veterinary College.
- 2019 – 2020: Postgraduate Certificate on Conservation Medicine, University of Edinburgh.
- Nov 2018 – Apr 2019: Volunteering with the Disease Risk Analysis for Health Surveillance team, Institute of Zoology, ZSL.
- 2018 – 2021: Veterinary Surgeon for exotic species and small animals, United Kingdom.
- Aug 2017 – Feb 2018: Internship at RSPCA Stapeley Grange Wildlife Rehabilitation Hospital and Cattery.
- April 2017 – May 2017: Externship at the Clinic for Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians and Fish, Giessen, Germany.
- Jun 2014 – Dec 2014: Internship in Latin America Programs by One Health Institute (Argentina).
- 2013 – 2017: Veterinary Surgeon in general practice in Naples, Italy.
- 2006 – 2013: “Laurea Magistrale” in Veterinary Medicine at University of Naples, Italy.