****ZSL Library and Archives are CLOSED until further notice****
Revised Opening Hours
Tuesday to Thursday, 9.30am-5.30pm only.
ZSL Library is closed on all public holidays, Mondays, Fridays and at weekends.
Access to ZSL Library & Archives
ZSL Library & Archives is open to all, however members of the public must register for a reference ticket (this can be done on the first day that you plan to use the Library). Please refer to 'who can use the Library' for details
Fellows of ZSL and ZSL Members are welcome to use ZSL Library & Archives. Please see 'who can use the Library' for details
If you plan to visit ZSL Library with a group of four or more people, please contact us in advance at email@example.com , on 0207 449 6293 or via our online enquiry/feedback form
Library users below the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times when visiting ZSL Library.
Finding ZSL Library & Archives
ZSL Library is in the Zoological Society of London's main office building, situated on the Outer Circle of Regent's Park, approximately 200 yards East of ZSL London Zoo's main gate and adjacent to the ZSL Meeting Rooms.
View map Meeting room map
Library users do not have to enter ZSL London Zoo to use ZSL Library.
ZSL Online Library Catalogue
ZSL Library Catalogue can be viewed online with details of all serial holdings, most-pre-1860 books and books published from 1993 onwards can also be found in the online catalogue.
Visitors may want to view this online catalogue before they visit ZSL Library in person.
Wireless Internet Access
In response to feedback from Fellows and other Library users, free wireless internet access is now available in ZSL Library. To connect your laptop to the wireless network you simply need to request a password from the Library desk (the password will be changed on a weekly basis).
Please ask Library staff for further details when you visit ZSL Library.
Library information for Fellows and Members
Are you a Fellow or a member of ZSL? Find out more about visiting the library and upcoming tours here.
Important points to note
- applications to consult historic books should be made in advance
- we cannot fetch books and journals from the stacks between 12pm and 2.30pm
- school students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult while visiting ZSL Library
- please bring your Fellowship or Membership card with you when you visit or proof of address and photo identification if you are member of the public visiting ZSL Library for the first time.
- ZSL Library is accessed via two flights of stairs. If you are not able to use the stairs please let us know in advance of your visit so we can provide assistance. We do have access via a lift. The lift is 65cm wide and 120cm deep but if you need to use this, please do contact us in advance.