Monday to Friday, 9.30am-5.30pm.
The Library is closed on all public holidays and at weekends.
Please note that ZSL Library maybe closed 7th, 8th and 9 September 2016. Please check nearer the time
Access to the Library
The Library is open to all, however members of the public must register for a reference ticket (this can be done on the first day that you plan to use the Library). Please refer to 'who can use the Library' for details
Fellows of ZSL and ZSL Members are welcome to use ZSL Library. Please see 'who can use the Library' for details
If you plan to visit ZSL Library with a group of four or more people, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org , on 0207 449 6293 or via our online enquiry/feedback form
Library users below the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times when visiting ZSL Library.
Finding the Library
The Library is in the Zoological Society of London's main office building, situated on the Outer Circle of Regent's Park, approximately 200 yards East of ZSL London Zoo's main gate and adjacent to the ZSL Meeting Rooms.
View map Meeting room map
Library users do not have to enter London Zoo to use the Library.
ZSL Online Library Catalogue
The ZSL Library Catalogue can be viewed online with details of all serial holdings - most-pre-1860 books and books published from 1993 onwards can be found.
Visitors may want to view this online catalogue before they visit the library in person.
Wireless Internet Access
In response to feedback from Fellows and other Library users, free wireless internet access is now available in ZSL Library. To connect your laptop to the wireless network you simply need to request a password from the Library desk (the password will be changed on a weekly basis).
Please ask Library staff for further details when you visit ZSL Library.
Important points to note
- applications to consult rare books should be made in advance
- we cannot fetch books and journals from the stacks between 12pm and 2pm
- school students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult while visiting the library
- please bring your membership card with you when you visit or proof of address and photo identification if you are member of the public visiting the library for the first time.
- ZSL Library is access via two flights of stairs. If you are not able to use the stairs please let us know in advance of your visit so we can provide assistance,