Council is the governing body of The Zoological Society of London.
It is made up of three elected Officers - the President, Secretary and Treasurer – and twelve elected members. Council members are the Trustees of the Society.
Council members serve a four year term of office and are then replaced by elected successors.
- President: Professor Sir John Beddington CMG FRS
- Secretary: Professor Geoff Boxshall FRS
- Treasurer: Paul Rutteman CBE
- Sheila Anderson MBE
- Dr Brian Bertram
- Martin Cooke
- Dr Andrew Kitchener
- Elizabeth Passey (Vice President)
- Professor Maggie Redshaw
- Sean Rovai
- Martin Rowson
- Ken Sims (Vice President)
- Paul Wilson
- Victoria Wilson