Council is the governing body of The Zoological Society of London.
It is made up of three elected Officers - the President, Secretary and Treasurer – and twelve elected members. Council members are the Trustees of the Society.
Council members serve a four year term of office and are then replaced by elected successors.
- President: Professor Sir John Beddington FRS
- Secretary: Professor Geoff Boxshall FRS
- Treasurer: Paul Rutteman CBE
- Elizabeth Passey (Vice President)
- Ken Sims (Vice President)
- Martin Rowson
- Michael Bird
- Martin Cooke
- Ray Heaton
- Ken Livingstone
- Professor Anna Meredith
- Dr Ruth Padel
- Dr Maggie Redshaw
- Sean Rovai
- Robert Wingate