Advanced tickets for Special Children's Day have now sold out.
Special Children's Day is a unique annual event at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo welcoming children with special needs and their families and friends. With increased specialist facilities and number of staff, as well as special interactive events and discounted entry, Special Children's Day is an exciting and exceptional event not to be missed.
Saturday 18th June 2016
Zoo opens at 10am
ZSL Special Children's Day voted 'Best Education Project: Public and General Visitor at BIAZA Annual Awards 2012
ZSL Whipsnade Zoo: Special Children's Day
ALL SPECIAL CHILDREN'S DAY ACTIVITIES ARE FREE AND ALL ZOO VISITORS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN IN!
- A Very Special Welcome: Pick up your Special Children’s Day planner. There are friendly animal-costumed characters to meet and our staff and volunteers will be at hand to assist you as your fun day gets underway!
- Singing Hands: 11am / 1pm / 3pm - Meet Suzanne & Tracy in person as they introduce you to the amazing world of animals through Makaton themed signs, songs, rhymes, stories and games
- Wildlife Gardening: All day - Plant a seed to take back with you and grow at home, or build a mini-beast hotel to attract wildlife into gardens
- Sensory Storytelling: 11.30am / 12.30pm / 1.30pm / 2.30pm - Immersive and interactive stories about the natural world
- 'Discovery Zone’: All day - Investigate the natural world with our hands-on activities
- LIVE! talks: Our amazing animal talks will be accompanied by British Sign Language interpreters throughout the day - remember to collect your planner on arrival for talk BSL timings
- Art Activities : All day -Get creative with our fun family art activities
- HULLABAZOO INDOOR PLAY: time slots reserved for Special Children's Day ticket holders ONLY at 11.30am to 12.10pm / 1.30pm to 2.10pm / 3.30pm to 4.10pm - all other time slots throughout the day will be open to all - PLEASE NOTE that for Health & Safety reasons, the indoor play facility is for children up to the age 10 years old only
- Charity Hub: charities will be on hand to offer guidance, advise and networking opportunities for families
- Chill Out Room: Somewhere to take a break from all the excitement!
- Fantastic new Visitor Centre and shop!
- Additional friendly staff and volunteers on hand to assist
- Additional facilities, including changing hoist
- First Aid post with fully qualified staff
- Free all day parking in the main ZSL car park (only a short walk from the main Zoo entrance)
We have a designated special welcome for Special Children's Day ticket holders, as well as unique events for all, however please note that the Zoo is open as per usual during this day. We are proud that everyone can soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a great day out together.