Hullabazoo Adventure Play - now open!
Our brand new outdoor play area opened on Friday 30 April 2021! With over 7,800 square metres of themed play area, including bridges, swings, climbing frames, sit-on crocodiles, tunnels, boats, mini safari jeeps, we can't wait for your little explorers to enjoy it.
Hullabazoo Indoor Play - now open!
In line with Government guidelines, our indoor play area reopened on 17 May. You will need to book a slot in advance of your visit.
Hullabazoo Farm is an interactive, up-close adventure, where little ones will be able to meet and greet a whole host of farmyard friends.
Our Hullabazoo activities are all included in your Zoo ticket, or Zoo membership.
We now offer a childminder membership for registered childminders as a 1 Adult and up to 6 Children package. The childminder membership costs £218.75 for one year and grants access to all Gold member benefits. Childminder members will also have the opportunity to change the children on their membership during the course of their membership year in person at the membership desk or kiosk in the Zoo. Please contact our friendly team at 0344 225 1826 or email@example.com with your up-to-date Offsted registration to sign up for a childminder membership.
Our brand new outdoor play area is now open!
We can't wait for your little explorers to enjoy our new outdoor play adventure.
It’s time to let their imaginations run wild and discover over 7,800 square metres of themed play area, including bridges, swings, climbing frames, sit-on crocodiles, tunnels, boats, mini safari jeeps and so much more. View our Hullabazoo image gallery!
The playground is included with Zoo entry.
From Saturday 8 May, pre-booking for the playground will no longer be neccessary but we will be limiting the number of children in the play area at a time, operating a one-in, one-out system during peak times so we can keep everyone safe.
No, pre-booking is no longer required. However, we are limiting the number of children in the playground to 100 at a time. This number does not include the supervising adults (all children need at least one supervising adult with them to enter the playground). We will be operating a one-in, one-out system during peak times so we can keep everyone safe.
No, admission to the outdoor play is included in your ticket / membership.
Entrance and exit to Hullabazoo Adventure play will continue to be by the Station Store and will be overseen by a volunteer. Please ask a member of staff on site if you are unsure where this is and they'll be happy to direct you.
Now that onsite booking is no longer in place, unfortunately we aren't able to offer exclusive access, but hope you were able to explore the play area during your preview week before it opened to the public.
We have a huge array of sensory and physical play to delight children, including - for the first time - both water and sand play. We also have a first in the UK, a ZSL Jeep that you can climb up to. There are swings, slides, a zip wire, sound, balance, climb and chill out areas.
We have designed this equipment so that children of all abilities will be able to access the play. For families with additional physical needs we have installed the following accessible play equipment: slide, nest swing, music, sand, water and roundabout. There are also accessible picnic benches.
All of the play equipment is accessed via wet pour and there are no steps to access the play area. There are also sensory elements throughout the play equipment including wooden animals. Chill out areas and quiet spots have also been incorporated into the play design.
This new playground is designed for children from 0-13 years of age. We have worked with an amazing play company to design a challenging play area – if your child is unable to climb onto a piece of the equipment themselves, then it is a bit too old for them. There are lots of different areas to explore, and lots for all ages.
Hullabazoo indoor play has safely reopened. You will need to book online for Hullabazoo indoor play the day before your visit. Please note that all children under 3 including babies must be included in your booking. Thank you.
Each element of Hullabazoo is designed around different habitats enabling your children to have fun and mimic their favourite animals. You’ll be able to watch your little ones crawl through the garden, climb like an insect or journey through the Antarctic to become a penguin sliding down the ice.
Hullabazoo indoor play is located in our Hullabazoo Children's Farm (in the heart of the Zoo) and is suitable for children up to 10 years of age.
We have introduced a number of measures in line with Government guidelines regarding Covid-19 to ensure that as many children as possible have a safe and enjoyable visit to Hullabazoo Indoor Play. These include:
- Prior booking only - use the link below to book a time slot
- Maximum age on the equipment is 10 years old, any children over this age will not be able to use the play frame or supervise other children.
- A maximum of 2 adults per booking, this is to allow as much availability for children to use the soft play as possible.
- Play sessions are 45 minutes. (Please note if you are late to your booking this will affect the amount of time left in the session).
- Visitors can only book 1 play session per day and cannot attend consecutive sessions on weekends, school holidays & bank holidays.
- During term time visitors can book more than one session but these cannot be consecutive.
- All customers must wait outside the building prior to their session time.
- The café located inside Hullabazoo is accessible only to customers in that session . The Hullabazoo hatch in the outdoor play area is available for takeaway walk ups.
- Encouraging visitors to participate in the NHS Test and Trace programme by scanning the unique Hullabazoo Indoor Play QR code using the NHD Covid-19 app.
- Cancelling your booking please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Hullabazoo indoor play tickets are free of charge and will only appear 24 hours in advance of your chosen slot.
To maintain safe standards of play we introduced a 3-step cleaning process.
- Between sessions we will carry out a clean of Hullabazoo
- We have introduced new cleaning solutions desgined to be long lasting and effective
- Using testing kits, we will regularly check surfaces to ensure these measures are effective
Watch the video below to see our cleaning in action!
Hullabazoo Indoor Play terms of entry
- Guardians are responsible for the supervision of all children in their care at all times.
- We provide members of staff who are first aid trained, any children who suffer from sickness, diarrhoea or contagious conditions will not be allowed within Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- All customers must remove their shoes before playing and for hygiene reasons MUST wear socks, underwear and appropriate clothing.
- Age restrictions are necessary for the safe use of equipment; children must play in the age appropriate area (baby garden 18mth - 3yrs, junior play frame for 4-10 yrs.). Maximum age on the equipment is age 10.
- Timed sessions apply, customers may not book consecutive sessions.
- Only food and drink purchased in Hullabazoo may be consumed on the premises.
- Photography must be restricted to your own children only, and we ask you do not stand at the bottom of the slide to take photos, management may ask to see photos if a complaint is made.
- No Buggies/scooters/bikes etc in Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- Fighting or inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated; guilty parties may be asked to leave.
- We advise that children wear long sleeves and trousers without any ropes or cords, remove objects from pockets and leave personal items with a guardian; we cannot accept any liability for losses or thefts.
- All customers must abide by all written and verbal instructions from staff.
- We do not tolerate any form of abuse towards staff. Management retains the right to refuse entry.
Due to current Covid 19 restrictions we are unable to offer Private Hire at the current time.
Looking for the perfect children's birthday party venue? Ever wanted to have Hullabazoo Indoor Play exclusively for your little ones and their friends? Well now is your chance.
Hullabazoo is available for Private Hire on most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays all year round. Please check dates that are available by pressing the book now button.
Please be aware that private hire of the venue is extremely popular and we would recommend booking well in advance to avoid disappointment.
The private hire includes:
- Two hours exclusive use of Hullabazoo Indoor Play (3pm-5pm during off-peak season and 4pm-6pm during peak season).
- Access for up to 60 children (this does include siblings, total of 150 people including adults). Children must be aged 10 years and below to go on the equipment.
- Unlimited squash for the children (up to 60 compostable cups provided for the children, in relation to the number of children you have invited to your party, one cup per child, we do not provide cups for adult guests).
- Parking outside Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- Access to the Zoo 30 minutes prior to the session for the party organiser to set up.
- Access to the Zoo 15 minutes prior to the session for party guests.
- Entry into Whipsnade Zoo is for access to Hullabazoo Indoor Play only; for the duration of the party guests must remain in Hullabazoo Indoor Play. Guests are not permitted to use any other Zoo facilities except for Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do members get discount off Hullabazoo Private Hire?
Gold members will receive 10% off the current Private Hire price. For current pricing of Hullabazoo Private Hire please speak to a member of staff.
Can I spend the day in the Zoo before my Private Hire Session?
Our private hire bookings do not include entry into ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. The host of the party can access the Zoo 30 minutes before the beginning of the session to allow time to set up in Hullabazoo Indoor Play. Party guests will be able to access the Zoo 15 minutes before the start of the session. If you wish to spend the day in the Zoo before your private hire session, tickets can be purchased online.
How many children can I bring and what are the age restrictions?
The maximum number of children that you can bring is 60, although the total number of people including adults must not exceed 150. Children must be aged 10 years or below to access the equipment in Hullabazoo Indoor Play. Maxium number of children does include siblings.
Will I have exclusive use of Hullabazoo including the facilities during my Private Hire?
You will have the full and exclusive use of the Hullabazoo play frame, seating area and facilities. During your private hire time other customers will have access to the café but there will be no access through to the Hullabazoo seating area, play frame or toilets. Other toilets are available round the Zoo for customers to use however your guests will have the whole of Hullabazoo exclusively for them.
Is there a first aider available?
They will be one first aid trained member of staff on hand throughout your party.
What do I need to bring with me?
An email will be sent to you before your party outlining what you need to bring and will also be listed on your Private Hire agreement however unlimited squash for the children will be provided (up to 60 compostible cups provided for the children, in relation to the number of children you have invited to your party, one cup per child, we do not provide cups for adult guests). We do not provide cutlery, cake knife, serviettes, plates, cups for adults etc.
How will it be set out?
We will lay your Private Hire out in buffet style. This means one long table in the middle of the area. If you wish to rearrange it all we ask is that you place it back the way you found it at the end of your hire time.
Will there be a host?
There will be members of the Hullabazoo team here to supervise the building, however please be aware that the supervision of children and tidying up following the party is the responsibility of the adults who have booked the private hire session. We do ask that you leave Hullabazoo in the same standard as you found it.
Are we allowed to bring a birthday cake and can we bring candles?
You are more than welcome to bring a birthday cake with you for your birthday party and you may also light candles for the cake as long as it is not an excessive amount.
Can I bring a guest who has additional needs?
Yes, we welcome all children in the Hullabazoo Indoor Play. Do let us know if you are planning on bringing along a child with additional needs by phoning 0344 225 1826 and we will do all we can to ensure that their needs are met wherever possible.
Where can we park?
All of those attending the party can drive into the Zoo and will be directed to our Hullabazoo car park.
Please email us at email@example.com or call 0344 225 1826.
Do we have to sign an agreement?
Please make sure you have read our Private Hire Agreement before booking. This can be viewed on this page.
Private Hire Agreement
Please make sure you have read our Private Hire Agreement before booking. You will be sent a copy of this to sign and return after you have made your booking and paid in full.
We also have downloadable invites for you to use for your guests