At the centre of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is Hullabazoo - a special area dedicated to entertaining your little creatures! Hullabazoo is made up of Hullabazoo Farm, Hullabazoo Indoor Play and Hullabazoo Adventure Play.
Hullabazoo Farm is an interactive, up-close adventure, where little ones will be able to meet and greet a whole host of farmyard friends.
Hullabazoo Indoor Play
Each element of Hullabazoo Indoor Play is designed around different habitats enabling your children to have fun and mimic their favourite animals. You’ll be able to watch your little ones crawl through the garden, climb like an insect or journey through the Antarctic to become a penguin sliding down the ice.
Hullabazoo Adventure Play
Little ones will be climbing new heights at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo with the launch of Hullabazoo Adventure Play – a brand new, outdoor play area.
See videos of Hullabazoo indoor play, adventure play and farm!
Now open to the public, Hullabazoo Adventure Play has been specially designed around animal movement, giving youngsters the chance to slither and slide as they run wild and test their agility against one another.
Taking pride of place in the play area will be Whipsnade Heights, made up of six giant towers for children to tackle before they climb cargo nets, clamber over rope bridges and slide down fireman’s poles.
Other fantastic features in the Zoo’s bespoke play area include a zip wire, monkey bars, balance beams, seesaws and climbing frames. And Whipsnade’s youngest visitors haven’t been forgotten about either, as they’ll have their own dedicated play space with swings, slides, and a roundabout.
Marketing Manager at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Laura Duffy said: “Whipsnade’s brand new play area will be a big adventure for little ones. We hope they’ll be inspired by watching our animals at play before exploring the new play equipment as part of a fantastic family day out.”
Hullabazoo Adventure Play, located at the heart of the Zoo next to Hullabazoo Indoor Play and the farm, is suitable for children of all ages, and is open 364 days of the year.
Hullabazoo is a busy and lively indoor play area in the heart of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
Each element of Hullabazoo is designed around different habitats enabling your children to have fun and mimic their favourite animals. You’ll be able to watch your little ones crawl through the garden, climb like an insect or journey through the Antarctic to become a penguin sliding down the ice.
Plus we haven’t forgotten you. We understand as parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles that you too have needs, so we will have comfortable seating and a selection of quality food and drinks available within the vicinity.
Hullabazoo indoor play is located at the Children’s Farm (in the heart of the Zoo) and is suitable for children up to 10 years of age.
Booking a play time
Hullabazoo is hugely popular with our visitors, and for the safety and capacity reasons we can only accommodate a limited number of children at any one time. For this reason we highly recommend booking a session inside Hullabazoo Indoor Play on the morning of your visit to avoid disappointment.
- Sessions are booked on a first come, first served basis. They book up quickly so please book your session early in your visit as there are days when all sessions have become full by lunchtime.
- Hullabazoo is available for private hire on certain dates between January and August. On these days the last play session will be 1.30pm-2.20pm during off-peak season (last entry 2pm) and 2.30pm-3.20pm during peak season (last entry 3pm). Staff will be able to advise on the day if Hullabazoo has been booked for private hire.
- Find out more about hiring Hullabazoo Indoor Play
Hullabazoo Indoor Play terms of entry
- Guardians are responsible for the supervision of all children in their care at all times.
- We provide members of staff who are first aid trained, any children who suffer from sickness, diarrhoea or contagious conditions will not be allowed within Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- All customers must remove their shoes before playing and for hygiene reasons MUST wear socks, underwear and appropriate clothing.
- Age restrictions are necessary for the safe use of equipment; children must play in the age appropriate area (baby garden 18mth - 3yrs, junior play frame for 4-10 yrs.). Maximum age on the equipment is age 10.
- Timed sessions apply, customers may not book consecutive sessions.
- Only food and drink purchased in Hullabazoo may be consumed on the premises.
- Photography must be restricted to your own children only, and we ask you do not stand at the bottom of the slide to take photos, management may ask to see photos if a complaint is made.
- No Buggies/scooters/bikes etc in Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- Fighting or inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated; guilty parties may be asked to leave.
- We advise that children wear long sleeves and trousers without any ropes or cords, remove objects from pockets and leave personal items with a guardian; we cannot accept any liability for losses or thefts.
- All customers must abide by all written and verbal instructions from staff.
- We do not tolerate any form of abuse towards staff. Management retains the right to refuse entry.
More visitor information
Some of the many animals you can meet on the farm include, miniature donkeys, Trevor and Tulip, a family of pygmy goats, Gloucester old spot pigs and piglets, sheep and lambs, bunnies, guinea pigs, ferrets and cute newly-hatched chicks.
Every element of the farm has been specially designed to enable visitors to get closer to the animals than ever before. Visitors to Hullabazoo Garm will be able to explore the pygmy goats’ walk-through home, groom ponies and join in with daily interactive talks and activities, including hands-on mini keeper sessions, animal handling, and storytelling, with keepers on hand to answer all of their farmyard questions.
Ever wanted to have Hullabazoo Indoor Play exclusively for your little ones and their friends? Well now is your chance.
Hullabazoo is available for private hire between all year round.
Please be aware that private hire of the venue is extremely popular and we would recommending booking well in advance to avoid disappointment.
The private hire includes:
- Two hours exclusive use of Hullabazoo Indoor Play (3pm-5pm during off-peak season and 4pm-6pm during peak season).
- Access for up to 60 children (total of 150 people including adults). Children must be aged 10 years and below to go on the equipment.
- Unlimited squash for the children (plastic cups will be provided).
- Parking outside Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- Access to the Zoo 30 minutes prior to the session for the party organiser to set up.
- Access to the Zoo 15 minutes prior to the session for party guests.
- Entry into Whipsnade Zoo is for access to Hullabazoo Indoor Play only; for the duration of the party guests must remain in Hullabazoo Indoor Play . Guests are not permitted to use any other Zoo facilities except for Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
Dates and Times
Private hire is available on selected days throughout the year. Times also vary based on zoo closing times:
For up to date availability please click below. If a date does not appear then this is already booked.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Our Private Hire costs £250. This is for 2 hours exclusive access to Hullabazoo between 3-5pm (Off Peak) or 4-6pm (Peak). ZSL members get a 10% discount.
Can I spend the day in the zoo before my Private Hire Session?
Our private hire bookings do not include entry into ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. The host of the party can access the Zoo 30 minutes before the beginning of the session to allow time to set up in Hullabazoo Indoor Play. Party guests will be able to access the Zoo 15 minutes before the start of the session. If you wish to spend the day in the Zoo before your private hire session, tickets can be purchased online.
How many children can I bring and what are the age restrictions?
The maximum number of children that you can bring is 60, although the total number of people including adults must not exceed 150. Children must be aged 10 years or below to access the equipment in Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
Is there a first aider available?
They will be one first aid trained member of staff on hand throughout your party.
What do I need to bring with me?
Unlimited squash and plastic cups are provided for your group but you will need to provide any additional items such as cutlery.
How will it be set out?
There are three possible seating layouts available for you to choose from and staff will discuss this with you ahead of your party. If you would like something different, the tables will be available for you to set out as you wish when you arrive.
Will there be a host?
There will be members of the Hullabazoo team here to supervise the building, however please be aware that the supervision of children and tidying up following the party is the responsibility of the adults who have booked the private hire session. We do ask that you leave Hullabazoo in the same standard as you found it.
Are we allowed to bring a birthday cake?
You are more than welcome to bring a birthday cake with you.
Can I bring a guest who has additional needs?
Yes, we welcome all children in the Hullabazoo Indoor Play. Do let us know if you are planning on bringing along a child with additional needs by phoning 0344 225 1826 and we will do all we can to ensure that their needs are met wherever possible.
Where can we park?
All of those attending the party can drive into the Zoo and will be directed to our Hullabazoo car park.
Please email us at email@example.com or call 0344 225 1826.
Do we have to sign an agreement?
Please make sure you have read our Private Hire Agreement before booking. An up to date version will be sent to you after you have made your booking. Hullabazoo Private Hire Agreement (279.56 KB)
Hullabazoo Private Hire
Please make sure you have read our Private Hire Agreement before booking. You will be sent a copy of this to sign and return after you have made your booking and paid in full.