At the centre of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is Hullabazoo - a special area dedicated to entertaining your little creatures! Hullabazoo is made up of Hullabazoo Farm, Hullabazoo Indoor Play and Hullabazoo Adventure Play.
Hullabazoo Farm is an interactive, up-close adventure, where little ones will be able to meet and greet a whole host of farmyard friends.
Hullabazoo Indoor Play
Each element of Hullabazoo Indoor Play is designed around different habitats enabling your children to have fun and mimic their favourite animals. You’ll be able to watch your little ones crawl through the garden, climb like an insect or journey through the Antarctic to become a penguin sliding down the ice.
Hullabazoo Adventure Play
Little ones will be climbing new heights at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo with the launch of Hullabazoo Adventure Play – a brand new, outdoor play area.
See videos of Hullabazoo indoor play, adventure play and farm!
Now open to the public, Hullabazoo Adventure Play has been specially designed around animal movement, giving youngsters the chance to slither and slide as they run wild and test their agility against one another.
Taking pride of place in the play area will be Whipsnade Heights, made up of six giant towers for children to tackle before they climb cargo nets, clamber over rope bridges and slide down fireman’s poles.
Other fantastic features in the Zoo’s bespoke play area include a zip wire, monkey bars, balance beams, seesaws and climbing frames. And Whipsnade’s youngest visitors haven’t been forgotten about either, as they’ll have their own dedicated play space with swings, slides, and a roundabout.
Marketing Manager at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Laura Duffy said: “Whipsnade’s brand new play area will be a big adventure for little ones. We hope they’ll be inspired by watching our animals at play before exploring the new play equipment as part of a fantastic family day out.”
Hullabazoo Adventure Play, located at the heart of the Zoo next to Hullabazoo Indoor Play and the farm, is suitable for children of all ages, and is open 364 days of the year.
Each element of Hullabazoo is designed around different habitats enabling your children to have fun and mimic their favourite animals. You’ll be able to watch your little ones crawl through the garden, climb like an insect or journey through the Antarctic to become a penguin sliding down the ice.
Plus we haven’t forgotten you. We understand as parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles that you too have needs, so we will have comfortable seating and a selection of quality food and drinks available within the vicinity.
Hullabazoo indoor play is located at the Children’s Farm (in the heart of the Zoo) and is suitable for children up to 10 years of age.
Please note: on Mondays during term time Hullabazoo will close 30 mins earlier for a ball pool clean. For more information you are welcome to speak to a member of staff in Hullabazoo
Booking a play time
Hullabazoo has been hugely popular, and for the safety of your children we can only accommodate a limited number at any one time. If you would like to enjoy our latest addition, please make your way to Hullabazoo & if the current session is full we are happy to put your name down for a later time.
Please note: this is on a first come, first served basis, and there have been days during the half term when all the sessions have booked up quickly.
Hullabazoo Indoor Play terms of entry
- Guardians are responsible for the supervision of all children in their care at all times.
- We provide members of staff who are first aid trained, any children who suffer from sickness, diarrhoea or contagious conditions will not be allowed within Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- All customers must remove their shoes before playing and for hygiene reasons MUST wear socks, underwear and appropriate clothing.
- Age restrictions are necessary for the safe use of equipment; children must play in the age appropriate area (baby garden 18mth - 3yrs, junior play frame for 4-10 yrs.). Maximum age on the equipment is age 10.
- Timed sessions apply, customers may not book consecutive sessions.
- Only food and drink purchased in Hullabazoo may be consumed on the premises.
- Photography must be restricted to your own children only, and we ask you do not stand at the bottom of the slide to take photos, management may ask to see photos if a complaint is made.
- No Buggies/scooters/bikes etc in Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- Fighting or inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated; guilty parties may be asked to leave.
- We advise that children wear long sleeves and trousers without any ropes or cords, remove objects from pockets and leave personal items with a guardian; we cannot accept any liability for losses or thefts.
- All customers must abide by all written and verbal instructions from staff.
- We do not tolerate any form of abuse towards staff. Management retains the right to refuse entry.
More visitor information
Some of the many animals you can meet on the farm include, miniature donkeys, Trevor and Tulip, a family of pygmy goats, Gloucester old spot pigs and piglets, sheep and lambs, bunnies, guinea pigs, ferrets and cute newly-hatched chicks.
Every element of the farm has been specially designed to enable visitors to get closer to the animals than ever before. Visitors to Hullabazoo Garm will be able to explore the pygmy goats’ walk-through home, groom ponies and join in with daily interactive talks and activities, including hands-on mini keeper sessions, animal handling, and storytelling, with keepers on hand to answer all of their farmyard questions.
Ever wanted to have Hullabazoo Soft Play exclusively for your little ones and their friends? Well now is your chance.
Private Hire of Hullabazoo gives your child and their friends’ exclusive use of Hullabazoo Indoor Play once it has shut to the public.
The private hire includes:
- Access to the zoo for the party guests from 2.45pm onwards. They can drive into the park and will be directed to the Cloisters car park.
- The organiser will be allowed access to the zoo from 2.30pm to allow them to set up.
- Two hours exclusive use of Hullabazoo from 3pm to 5pm. Your group must have vacated Hullabazoo by 5.15pm.
- Maximum of 60 children (total of 150 people including adults). Children must be aged 10 years and below to go on the equipment.
- Unlimited squash for the children (Plastic cups will be provided).
Please make sure you have read our Private Hire Agreement before booking. A signed copy will need to be sent to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo before the date of your party: Hullabazoo Private Hire Agreement (279.56 KB)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Our private hire sessions cost £250.
Do members get a discount?
Members get a 10% discount so will pay £225
Can I spend the day in the zoo before my Private Hire Session?
Our private hire bookings do not include entry into ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. The host of the party can access the zoo at 2.30pm to allow time to set up in Hullabazoo Indoor Play. Your guests will not be able to access the zoo until 2.45pm.
If you wish to spend the day in the zoo before your private hire session tickets can be purchased online at http://www.zsl.org/tickets.
How many children can I bring?
The maximum number of children that you can bring is 60, although the total number of people including adults must not exceed 150.
Is there a first aider available?
ZSl will provide at least 1 member of staff who is first aid trained who will be present during the party.
What are the age restrictions?
Children must be aged 10 years or below to access the equipment in Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
What do I need to bring with me?
Unlimited squash and plastic cups are provided for your group but you will need to provide everything else.
Are we allowed to bring a birthday cake?
You are more than welcome to bring a birthday cake with you; however you are not allowed to use candles due to the sensitivity of our sprinkler system.
Can I bring a guest who has additional needs?
Yes, we welcome children with additional needs. Do let us know if you are planning on bringing along a child with additional needs by phoning 0344 225 1826 and we will do all we can to ensure that their needs are met wherever possible.
When do we need to arrive and how do we get there?
The host should arrive at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo at 2.30pm to ensure they can set up Hullabazoo Indoor Play ready for their party to start at 3pm. Guests will not be able to access the zoo until 2.45pm.
Where can we park?
All of those people attending the party can drive into the zoo and will be directed to our Hullabazoo car park.
Any other questions? Please email us at email@example.com or call 0344 225 1826.
Hullabazoo Private Hire
Please make sure you have read our Private Hire Agreement before booking. A signed copy will need to be sent to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo before the date of your party: