In Investigate Endangered Animals (KS2) introduces students to species close to the threat of extinction in the wild. Through case studies and objects from the natural world, pupils will investigate the threats facing species in the U.K. and internationally.
They will be introduced to the conservation work that ZSL takes part in to protect different species and will consider how they can help to protect endangered animals by completing simple actions.
|Age: KS2 (7-11 years)||Duration: 45 minutes||Capacity: 35 students||Indoor Session|
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able:
- Give a definition of the term “endangered”.
- Identify at least one endangered animal.
- Describe at least one threat to wild animals.
- Suggest an action that they can complete to save an endangered species.
National Curriculum Links:
|KS2 Science||Living things and their habitats||Recognise that environments can change and this can sometimes pose dangers to living things.|
- Support your students' learning before, during or after their visit with our online teaching resources.