In Habitats students delve into different habitats from around the world. Pupils will discover, the different animals that are found in these habitats and consider how they are suited to each particular habitat.
Specimens have been donated to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo by HM Customs and Excise.
|Age: KS1 (5-7 years old)||Duration: 30 minutes||Capacity: 35 students||Location: Indoor|
Intended learning outcomes:
Students will be able to:
- Gain an understanding that a habitat is a place where an animal lives
- Organise different animals into their respective habitats
- Students will be able describe different habitats
- Students will understand that different animals are suited to different habitats
National Curriculum links:
|KS1 Science||Working Scientifically||Gather and record data to help answering questions|
|Animals, including Humans||Use the local environment throughout the year to explore and answer questions about animals in their habitat|
|Living things and their habitats||Most living things live in habitats to which they are suited;
Compare animals in familiar and unfamiliar habitats;
|KS1 English||Spoken Language, Reading||Word reading, comprehension|
Online Teaching Resources:
- Support your students' learning before, during or after a visit with our online teaching resources.