Thank you to everyone who supported our latest event, the next Special Children's Day will take place in 2018.
Special Children's Day is a unique annual event at ZSL London Zoo welcoming children with special needs and their families and friends. With increased specialist facilities and number of staff, as well as special interactive events and discounted entry, Special Children's Day is an exciting and exceptional event not to be missed.
All Special Children's Day activities are free and all Zoo visitors are welcome to join in the fun!
- A Very Special Welcome: Our staff and volunteers will be ready to greet you at the dedicated Special Children's Day entrance. Pick up your Special Children’s Day planner. There are friendly animal-costumed characters to meet too!
- Singing Hands: Meet Suzanne & Tracy in person as they introduce you to the amazing world of animals through Makaton themed signs, songs, rhymes, stories and games. Shows are free and run throughout the day
- Wildlife Gardening: Plant a seed to take back with you and grow at home, or build a mini-beast hotel to attract wildlife to your garden
- Sensory Storytelling: Immersive and interactive stories about the natural world. Shows are free and run throughout the day
- Hands on Habitats: Investigate the naturlal world with our hands-on activities
- LIVE! talks: Our amazing animal talks will be accompanied by British Sign Language interpreters throughout the weekend
- Animal Adventure: Meet some of our fantastic animals and Keepers, get close up and hands on in the 'Touch Paddock', or play in the splash zone, secret garden and tunnels
- Art Zone: Get creative with our fun family art activities
- Charity Hub: an onsite hub where charities will be on hand to offer guidance, advise and networking opportunities for families
- Chill Out Room: somewhere to take a break from all the excitement!
- Additional friendly staff and volunteers on hand to assist
- Additional facilities, including changing hoists and bed, and a reserved picnic area for Special Children's Day families
- Dedicated first aid & lost children's post with qualified staff
- Free all day parking for blue badge holders in the main ZSL car park
We have a designated special welcome and entrance for Special Children's Day ticket holders, as well as unique events for you all; however please note that ZSL London Zoo is open as per usual during this event. We are proud that everyone can soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a great day out together.
Daytrippers - Proud Partners of Special Children’s Day