See animals in a different light at Rainforest Life, ZSL London Zoo’s exciting indoor exhibit - including an amazing noctural experience.
Enter London’s only living rainforest where you can come face to face with a variety of amazing rainforest species including monkeys, sloth, armadillo and tamandua.
Then step out of the light and into the all-new ‘Night Life’ area, where you’ll discover the bats, rats and nocturnal wonders who make the dark their home.
Find out more about some of the inhabitants of Rainforest Life
When you venture into Rainforest Life, you might be lucky enough to see our two-toed sloth family.
Sloths are wonderful mammals with some strange features that really make them stand out. Here are just a few curious facts:
- Sloths are the world’s slowest mammal, yet they’re not as lazy as you might think. Sloths sleep for around 15 hours a day while a tiger can nap up to 20 hours a day!
- A sloths’ internal organs, such as the heart, spleen, and liver are all arranged to accommodate living upside-down.
- Sloths don’t do well on the ground, as their weak hind legs mean they have to pull themselves along. However, their strong long arms make them excellent swimmers. They can even hold their breath for up to 40 minutes!
- Sloths have grooved fur that allows algae to grow through it. This green tint allows the sloth to blend into its habitat – and provides a tasty afternoon snack.
- The grip of a sloth is so strong that when they die they sometimes remain hanging on the trees.
An expert keeper will be on hand to answer any questions you have about these amazing animals, find out about rainforests, the animals we have living in our rainforest and that 50% of the planets animals live in the rainforest.
By taking part in this experience you will be supporting ZSL’s vital conservation work such as protecting incredible rainforest habitats and the animals they are home to.
Times & Prices
- Arrive at meeting point by 2.20pm for a 2.30pm start the experience meeting point is located just inside the entrance doors to Rainforest Life
- Children must be at least 6 years old and be accompanied by an adult, adults must have a valid Meet the Rainforest ticket
- £54 per person Monday - Sunday entry not included
- £125 for 2 people including entry please call our friendly Supporter Services Team to book on 0344 225 1826
Terms and conditions
- General admission ticket or valid membership per person must be purchased to be allowed entry into the zoo and take part in the Meet the Rainforest experience.
- Please listen to the keeper at all times. (Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the VIP area at any time should they feel necessary.)
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience.
- Maximum of 6 participants per experience. Children: must be at least 6 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Rainforest ticket.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Accompanying carers can enter the VIP area free of charge but must not participate in the experience. Unfortunately wheelchair access is not available for this experience.
- Allergies: This experience is not suitable for those suffering from nut allergies.
- Pregnant/ nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate for health and safety reasons.
- Cancellations: ZSL reserves the right to alter the experience or cancel on any given day if necessary. We will endeavour to contact you via email at least 24-hours before your visit to notify you of any changes. We recommend checking your emails on the day before your visit in case we have emailed you. If these changes result in you missing the encounter or you are no longer able to attend, please contact us to discuss options. Turning up late will invalidate your ticket and will not be refunded. Bookings cancelled up to 14 days before the date will be eligible for a full refund. Thereafter changes will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ZSL.