They live in families, they stand guard, they babysit... and they can even kill scorpions. Here's our celebration of the popular creatures from the sands of southern Africa's Kalahari Desert.
Meet the Meerkats
Meet our inquisitive meerkat family whilst feeding them their favourite snacks.
£54 per person
Go inside the meerkats' home and watch as they scamper around you whilst searching for their food.
An expert zoo keeper will be on hand to answer all your questions about these charismatic animals!
Meet the Meerkats experience includes:
- Meet and feed our family of meerkats
- Discover amazing facts about the species
- Opportunity to ask our expert keeper any questions you have about our meerkats
- Kept to a maximum of six participants so you get quality time with the meerkats and zoo keeper
What to expect on the day
This 20 minute VIP experience begins with a health and safety briefing from our expert zoo keeper who will then take you inside the meerkat enclosure. You will then help our zoo keeper feed the meerkats whilst learning more about these adorable animals.
There will be a maximum of six people taking part in the experience, giving you lots of time with the meerkats and zoo keeper.
Tip: You will have plenty of opportunity to take some fantastic photographs so don’t forget to bring your camera!
Know before you book
Important information before booking your Meet the Meerkats experience:
- Admission to the zoo is not included and must be purchased separately
- Participants must be 5 years of age or older
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult guardian – each adult must also have a valid Meet the Meerkats ticket. No more than 2 children per adult
- Pregnant or nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate
- Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer. Accompanying carers can enter the meerkat enclosure free of charge but will not participate in the experience. Carers will need to get a carer ticket. Please call 0344 225 1826
- Unfortunately wheelchair access is not available for this experience and guests must have good mobility
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience
- The experience takes place outdoors so please check the weather on the day of your visit and dress accordingly
- The experience itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice
- Please arrive on time, we advise guests arrive at least 10 minutes before the experience begins
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information
If you have any questions about booking please feel free to contact us.
Please note that admission to ZSL London Zoo is not included and must be purchased separately.
- £54 per person
Please note: ZSL members receive a 10% discount on this experience. Please call us to book on 0344 225 1826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to book
- Book online here
- Call us on 0344 225 1826