ZSL General Admission Terms and Conditions
In purchasing tickets for entry into ZSL London Zoo and or ZSL Whipsnade Zoo (each an “Attraction”) you enter into an agreement with the Zoological Society of London, registered charity number 208728 (in this section “ZSL”) on these Terms which incorporate the “Common Terms” on this website applicable to all transactions.
Classes of Ticket Holder:
- A Child is a person aged from 3 year to 15 years (inclusive).
- An Adult is a person aged from 16 to 59 years old (inclusive).
- A Concession is a Disabled Person, Senior or Student, with accompanying supporting documents to confirm their entitlement to Concessionary rates.
- A Senior is a person aged 60 years or more, with accompanying supporting documents.
- A Student is any Adult or Senior holding a valid photographic identity card showing they are a current student.
- A Family is either two Adults and two Children or one Adult and three Children (as defined above).
Special Ticket Types:
- Online Family Saver: Buy a minimum of 2 adult and 2 child tickets or 1 adult and 3 child tickets and save on standard ticket prices.
- Fast Track: Fast track tickets allow visitors skip general admission queues, for an additional charge. Fast Track may be purchased in advance or on the Gate. Please note: there will be no Fast Track tickets for 17 April or 18 September 2016 at ZSL London Zoo.
- Flexi-ticket (for ZSL London Zoo only): Available at additional charge, Flexi tickets are valid for three months from the date of purchase only.
The following Concessions are available:
- Children under the age of 3 may enter free of charge.
- Discounted rate for student, seniors and disabled visitors. Relevant supporting documents must be brought on the day of your visit. ZSL reserves the right to charge the applicable general admission rate to any person not able to validate their entitlement to Concession rates.
- Free entry for one essential carer (adult 16+) per paying disabled visitor.
- Parties of 10 or more people are eligible for our Group 25% discount for advance online bookings, or 15% discount on tickets bought at the Gate. See Groups section below for further details and special conditions.
- Tickets sold at the Gate are valid only for the date they are purchased.
- Tickets sold Online are valid only for the date stated upon them.
- Tickets do not guarantee car parking entry and parking charges are not included within the price.
- Tickets are non-transferable to other Attractions or persons and may not be resold without the prior written consent of ZSL. If any person attempts to enter an Attraction with a ticket that has been resold without ZSL’s written consent, ZSL may refuse entry and no compensation is payable to that person by ZSL.
As part of your ticket, you can add an optional 10% donation which goes towards our conservation work in the UK & abroad. By agreeing to pay this optional donation, we can claim Gift Aid on the full ticket price if you are a UK tax payer.
General Admission Conditions:
- Children under 16 will not be admitted without an adult.
- Last entry is one hour prior to the advertised closing time.
- Re-entry is not permitted.
- No dogs are allowed on Zoo premises. This includes Assistance dogs – please contact Supporter Services on 0344 225 1826 to make alternative arrangements.
- Bicycles and motorbikes are not allowed on Zoo premises.
- Rollerskates, rollerblades, skateboards are not allowed on Zoo premises. Children's scooters are permitted as long as they are supervised by an adult.
- Heelys roller shoes must not be used as skates, but may be worn as shoes.
- Buggies and pushchairs are left unattended at their owner’s risk and any containers left unattended may be removed for security reasons. ZSL accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property brought into Attractions.
- BBQs not permitted.
- We accept Leisure Vouchers but not Whitbread Leisure Voucher
- Permission must be obtained for all filming and photography for commercial purposes.
- ZSL reserves the right to refuse entry into, or remove from the premises, any person.This includes, but is not limited to, a person who:
- Has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of ZSL, has, or is likely to, adversely affect the animals at the Attraction or the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace or may disturb animals.
- Is, or appears to be, under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- It is prohibited to take into an Attraction:
- Any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, blades, flammable liquids or other articles that may cause injury.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, rollerskates, bikes and other forms of personal transport.
- Balls, frisbees, balloons or any other similar item.
- Pets or animals of any nature
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles being taken into the Zoo, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by ZSL staff.
- By purchasing a ticket to an Attraction, Visitors agree to:
- Keep their voices and mobile telephone volumes low
- Not attempt to feed the animals or enter animal enclosures
- Not tap on glass or put any body part through railings or fencing
- Not film or take photographs of the Attraction for public broadcast, commercial purpose or student projects unless authorisation has first been obtained from ZSL
- Not throw any article which could cause injury or annoyance to visitors or animals
- Not smoke
- ZSL reserves the right to amend pricing and opening times entirely at its discretion and without prior warning.
- Other General Admission Terms and Conditions also apply to Groups.
- To give our group visitors the best value for money ZSL London Zoo operates a tiered ticket price system.
- Parties of 10 or more people are eligible for our Group 25% discount for advance online bookings, or 15% discount on tickets bought at the Gate.
- Tickets are only valid for the date stated upon them.
- Visitors claiming a concession ticket rate must show appropriate proof of entitlement (e.g. NUS card, pension booklet, passport) at the point of entry to be admitted under any Group or Bulk ticket.
- Bulk tickets are not available for resale.
- Bulk ticket vouchers are not to be used in conjunction with any other ZSL or third party ticket offer or promotion.
Issue of e-tickets
- When your booking has been confirmed your tickets will be dispatched via e-mail to the e-mail address you specified. It is your responsibility to check prior to purchase that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your e-ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing e-tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
- Once purchased, neither the person nor Attraction for which an e-ticket has been purchased may be changed. E-tickets are only valid for the date stated upon them, with the exception of Flexi tickets and Gift tickets.
- Payments for e-tickets are non-refundable.
- On arrival at the Attraction, the following will be required in order to validate an e-ticket purchased through this website:
- Appropriate proof of entitlement to any discounted ticket rate claimed (such as NUS card, pension booklet, passport) for each person to be admitted under the ticket
- A legible print-out of your e-ticket to be scanned, failure to bring a print out with you may delay the admission process.
- ZSL reserves the right to charge the normal Attraction entry rates to any person not able to validate their e-ticket in the above manner.
- Please note that all ticket prices are subject to change without prior notice and can be vary through different sales channels (e.g. website and at the gate)
- Any additional persons wishing to enter with an e-ticket holder will be required to pay the normal Attraction entry rates.
Promotions, Offers and Third-party ticket sales
- Additional Terms and Conditions may apply to Promotions, Offers and tickets bought through a Third-party. Please read terms and conditions provided by the Promoter or Third-party Supplier before purchasing.
- Many promotions are only redeemable at the gate and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- Please check voucher terms and conditions for validity.
- ZSL reserves the right to decline any promotional voucher.
Animals on show
ZSL cannot guarantee that all animals will be on show at the Zoos throughout the day. For various reasons, including animal welfare, certain animals may be off show to the public without prior notice.
ZSL Complaint Policy
ZSL is committed to providing a high quality service to our visitors, supporters, members and customers. We invite feedback because it enables us to ensure the continuous improvement of the services and facilities we provide.
We want to make sure that your engagement with ZSL is memorable and enjoyable for all the right reasons, however we understand that sometimes things can go wrong and you find yourself needing to contact us. In these situations we promise that we will:
- Treat any comments/feedback seriously
- Try to resolve any problems promptly, in no longer than 10 working days (should we require longer we will keep you informed at all times as to the progress of your complaint)
- Utilise any feedback/comments where appropriate to make recommendations for change in order to improve our visitor experience
What do to if you have a complaint
The sooner you can get in touch with us, the sooner we’ll be able to help you. Most complaints can be resolved quickly by speaking to one of our members of staff. If they are not the right person for you to speak with they will be able to contact the relevant person for you.
If you are unable to make a complaint at the time of the issue occurring, please contact us as soon as possible by one of the following means:
- By telephone on 0207 449 6200
Our Supporter Services team will aim to help you there and then over the telephone, however there may be times when we need do more research into your complaint, or to find out some more information for you. In these circumstances you will be kept informed as to the progress of your complaint and we will aim to resolve it within 10 working days
- By email at email@example.com
We aim to respond to email within 3 working days, however if your complaint requires more time to research we will let you know. In these circumstances we will keep you informed as to the progress of your complaint and would aim to resolve it within 10 working days
- By writing to us at Supporter Services, ZSL London Zoo, Regents Park, London, NW1 4RY or Supporter Services, ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 2LF. We aim to respond within 10 working days from receipt of the letter. If we require longer we will contact you to let you know when you can expect a response.
What if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are unhappy with our response then please get back in touch with us within 14 days by writing to the Head of Supporter Services at the address above. Your complaint will be reviewed and a senior manager will respond to you in writing within 10 working days.
In making a donation (including purchasing an Animal Adoption, Membership or e-ticket) through this website you are donating, unless otherwise stated, to the Zoological Society of London (“ZSL”), a registered charity, registered charity number 208728.
When making a donation you may elect to have Gift Aid apply to the donation.
We can claim up to 25p of every £1 you give us. By choosing to Gift Aid you are confirming you are UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all donations in the tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference. You are also acknowledging that gift aided tickets / membership are for members of your family or yourself.
(ZSL reserves the right to change these benefits at any time and without prior notice)
- Standard Membership is based on a standard 12-month contract and starts on the date of purchase unless agreed otherwise by ZSL e.g.for gift memberships.
- Membership is for use by the named holder only, and is not transferable under any circumstances. Any misuse of a membership card will result in it being confiscated with no refund. A card can not be given away, sold or transferred. Membership card photocopies are not valid.
- ZSL Membership card holders are entitled to entry to ZSL London Zoo and Whipsnade Zoo only, during normal opening hours. NB. Last entry is one hour before the advertised closing time.
- Membership cards are not valid after their expiry date and remain the property of ZSL at all times.
- Admission will not be granted under any circumstances without the production of a valid Membership card. If you do not have your card with you on the day of admission, the current full admission charge must be paid which is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- For family/joint membership packages, adults and children added to a family/joint membership package must be living at the same address and proof may be required. Each member within the family group will be issued with their own card and this must be produced and scanned upon each visit.
- Children under the age of 3 are free to enter both ZSL London and Whipsnade Zoos, however they are not entitled to the benefits associated with membership. From the age of the 3, children will require their own paid membership.
- A membership pass may not be valid for entry on certain special events in the zoo calendar (e.g. Zoo Lates) and this will be advertised as such. There will be an additional fee payable for member entry to such events.
- The Membership photo card is not a credit card, charge card or cheque guarantee card.
- An adult must accompany children 15 years old or younger.
- An administration charge of £5 will be made for lost or replacement Membership photo cards. Please call the Membership team prior to your visit so we can take payment and provide you with a temporary access pass.
- Free car parking when visiting ZSL London Zoo for ZSL Members applies to Adult and Concession memberships only and is available on weekdays only (not on bank holidays), after 10am, and not during the peak times advertised below. Availability cannot be guaranteed and parking will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Free car parking is not available on weekends, bank holidays and during the following peak times (dates are inclusive):
Feb Half Term: 13th - 21st February 2016
Easter: 25th March – 10th April 2016
May Bank Holiday: 30th April – 2nd May 2016
May Half Term: 28th May – 5th June 2016
Summer Holidays: 21st July – 4th September 2016
Half Term: 22nd – 30th October 2016
Christmas 2016/17: 22nd December – 3rd January 2017
Car parking at these times and dates will be charged at the applicable rate
Visitors using the car park but not visiting ZSL London Zoo will be charged at the applicable rate.
- Adult and Concession Members of ZSL are entitled to discounted car entry at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
- Free parking when visiting ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is available in the external car park only.
- If a ZSL Whipsnade Zoo car pass is purchased it will be added to your membership card and appear when the membership card is scanned.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry and/or cancel the Membership without refund. In particular if the card holder, or anyone accessing our facilities by virtue of a Membership, behaves in a threatening or abusive way to our staff, contractors or the animal collection, or breaches the terms and conditions relating to access to our facilities membership will be cancelled.
- You can end your membership at the end of your initial term or at any point after the initial term by giving us at least one month's notice in writing to Membership Department, ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Dunstable, Bedfordshire LU6 2LF or firstname.lastname@example.org If you fail to notify ZSL with at least one’s month’s written notice ZSL reserve the right to charge for the next period of membership.
- ZSL has the right to reject applications for membership or renewal
- To enable the ZSL to provide standard membership benefits, such as Wild About magazine, members' details are passed to carefully selected and audited suppliers for processing purposes only.
- Entrance to ZSL properties remains subject to all other standard terms and conditions of entry.
- All events are subject to availability. ZSL Membership does not guarantee availability to ZSL Events – applications are to be made on an event by event basis.
- ZSL Member benefits and prices may be subject to change at any time. No refunds can be made.
- Special Offers – Unless otherwise advised, special offers including joining offers are only available once to each Member of ZSL. Each offer will also be subject to additional Terms and Conditions.
- Membership does not constitute a full paying Adult/Child ticket, therefore cannot be used in conjunction with any ‘buy one get one free’ offers or the Blue Peter ‘Free Child entry with a full paying Adult’ offer.
- In the event that a Direct Debit payment is rejected by any bank (for reasons other than a cancellation at the payers’ or banks’ request) the membership fee will be resubmitted for collection at the next payment date (this will be confirmed to you in writing). If payment is not successful after this second attempt, ZSL will seek to take an alternative payment and the membership will be suspended during this time.
- ZSL reserves the right to change opening and closing times of the zoos without prior notice. ZSL reserves the right to close or remove some exhibits or areas within the zoos partly, entirely or at certain times of the year for various reasons including, but not limited to, special events and refurbishment.
- Membership cannot be cancelled during a period which has already been paid for. Membership will automatically terminate at the end of the period you have paid for if payment is not received for the next period.
- Members who renew year on year without a lapse in membership are given two ½ price vouchers for members of their family to use to gain discounted entry to ZSL London Zoo or ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. These vouchers bear no cash value and cannot be sold on.
- Standard ZSL terms and conditions apply to all members.
- Concessions - Concessions apply to senior citizens (60 years and over), students (full-time) and people with disabilities after providing proof.
- 10% discount in the gift shops is not available on stamps and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- 10% discount in the Cafés applies to the Terrace Restaurant and the Animal Adventure Café at ZSL London Zoo; Wild Bite Café and the Lookout Café at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- This agreement does not affect your statutory rights.
- Tickets can only be redeemed against membership within two weeks of your visit. Please keep your tickets and send them back to us with your completed application.
- In purchasing an adoption of an animal (an “Animal Adoption”) at ZSL London Zoo and/or ZSL Whipsnade Zoo (each an “Attraction”) you enter into an agreement with the Zoological Society of London, registered charity number 208728 (in this section “ZSL”) on these adoption specific terms that incorporate the “Common Terms” on this website applicable to all transactions.
- Each Animal Adoption includes the benefits as stated on the Animal Adoption web page at the time of making your purchase only. ZSL reserves the right to change these benefits at any time and without prior notice.
- An Animal Adoption may only be in the name and email address of an individual as indicated at the time of application. The adoptions are non-transferable once redeemed.
- An Animal Adoption is for a named individual animal unless specified in advance by ZSL, which will usually be for limited promotional purposes. Adoption does not imply ownership nor does it create any liabilities in respect of an animal. Adoptions are not exclusive and other people can also adopt the same named animals which feature in the Adoption scheme.
- In the event of the named animal or particular species of the Animal Adoption ceasing to be on display at the relevant Attraction due to death or relocation to another collection, we will endeavour to find an alternative animal which will be offered for the remainder of the Animal Adoption period. If the same species can not be offered then we will offer an alternative species. Unfortunately ZSL cannot offer a refund in such circumstances. ZSL endeavours to ensure that all animals on the adoption scheme are on-show each day, but due to unforeseen circumstances this is not always possible. ZSL will be attempt to notify all adopters via the email updates, and also update their animal's personalised web page with information. Please visit their web page before visiting to check for any updates.
- Any Animal Adoptions that are purchased to be used as company benefits or incentives, competition prizes, or any other promotional, fundraising or public relations activity are subject to an additional surcharge. Please contact email@example.com for further details. ZSL reserves the right to refuse such applications and neither can we offer exclusivity. You warrant that in entering into a transaction for an Animal Adoption you are not an excluded organisation.
- ZSL reserves the right to refuse applications from individuals or organisations should it suspect that there would or could be a conflict of interest with its mission and status as a registered charity should the Animal Adoption go ahead.
- Any complimentary e-tickets issued in conjunction with an Animal Adoption entitle the bearer entrance to the zoo where their adopted animal lives, as specified on each individual ticket.
- Adoption e-tickets are valid for use only by the adopter and their family. They are only valid on the date, chosen by the user when they redeemed it and as specified on the relevant ticket, and are not replaceable or exchangeable if lost or stolen. These tickets are only valid for standard zoo opening hours and are not valid for entry into special events i.e. Sunset Safari.
- Tickets must be redeemed the day before your visit.
- Entrance to an Attraction to see a species that is the subject of an Animal Adoption does not guarantee that any particular species or animal will be on public display at that time.
- Entrance to an Attraction in conjunction with an Animal Adoption remains subject to all other ZSL standard terms and conditions of entry.
- Delivery of the welcome email which will allow the adopter to access their online Animal Adoption pack is by email and accompanying text (if mobile number is entered), will be delivered on the day or a date specified by the purchaser.
- Delivery of Wild About Magazine is by Royal Mail, and ZSL cannot be held liable for any delivery delays following despatch. After you have redeemed your adoption and selected to view the Wild About magazine online, ZSL is unable to change your requirements to then receive it in the post.
- Unless otherwise stated an Animal Adoption runs for a period of 12 months from the date that it was redeemed (not from the date that it was purchased).
- Adoptions are non-refundable, unless due to exceptional circumstances. This is at ZSL’s discretion. ZSL reserves the right to change the price of animal adoptions at any time, and the difference in price will not be refunded.
ZSL Experiences Terms and Conditions: These terms apply to Keeper for a Day (adult & junior), BedBUGS sleepovers, Lookout Lodge, Gir Lion Lodge, Photography workshops, Hullabazoo birthday parties, the Friendly Spider Programme, Snorassic Park Camping Experiences and Meet the Animals experiences and Gift packs.
- ZSL reserves the right to alter the experience on any given day due to animal welfare, health issues, staff shortages, bad weather or changes to the zoo’s collections, but will ensure that if this is the case, then the activity will be replaced with another similar task. ZSL endeavours to keep such changes to a minimum. Over the course of time, sometimes activities have to be changed and therefore may be different to what was advertised at the time of purchasing.
- ZSL reserves the right to change or cancel any dates on any of the above experiences for reasons such as the minimum number of participants has not been reached, extreme bad weather, staff shortages, animal welfare issues or force majeure. ZSL will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible. Regrettably, ZSL cannot cover travel, accommodation or any other related costs if it is forced to cancel a date.
- When the duration of the experience is mentioned on our website, marketing material or by a member of our staff this is an approximate guide.
- Open-ended vouchers are available on the following experiences; Keeper for a Day (adult and Junior), photography workshops, Meet the Animals, Gir Lion Lodge and Lookout Lodge. Unless otherwise stated, vouchers for are valid for one year from date of purchase. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure a date is booked and completed before expiry. All of our experiences are very popular so we recommend booking a date in advance to avoid disappointment, on some occasions there can be a 4 month wait. ZSL is not responsible for unauthorised use of your voucher.
- A full refund will be made on open-ended vouchers, providing a date has not been booked and the voucher has more than three months until expiry.
- Once a date has been booked for Keeper for a Day (adult and Junior), Photography workshops, Gir Lion Lodge and Lookout Lodge, a full refund or date change will be made as long as it is a minimum of 2 months before the date of the experience. Once a date has been booked for BedBUGS sleepovers, Snorassic Park Camping Experiences, Friendly Spider Programme or Meet the Animals experiences, a full refund or date change will be made as long as it is a minimum of 14 days before the date of the experience. After this time, only exceptional circumstances will be considered for date changes, extensions or refunds. All refunds are made to the card that the experience was purchased with. The participant’s name can be exchanged providing ZSL is given a minimum of seven days’ notice. If the person who arrives does not match our records they will not be allowed admittance onto the experience.
- For a full refund an exceptional circumstance is illness/injury, or bereavement. For changing the date, an exceptional circumstance is the same as above plus jury service, mechanical breakdown and severe travel delays. ZSL will require proof of any exceptional circumstance. Work commitments or holidays/trips away from home are not deemed to be exceptional circumstances. Each application will be considered individually. Once a date has been changed due to exceptional circumstances, we are unable to reschedule it again for any reason.
- ZSL will allocate places on a first come, first served basis. Please do not assume your experience is booked until you have received your booking confirmation email or letter, this is required for admittance on the day. You should not make any travel or accommodation arrangements in connection with the experience or book spectator tickets until you have received your booking confirmation by email or by post.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers are welcome to participate on all of our experiences, apart from any Keeper for a Day experience and all of our Meet the Animals experiences. In this instance only, ZSL will process a full refund (Meet the animal experiences) or extend the voucher (Keeper for a day) at no charge until 6 months after the date of the birth.
- Any experiences that are purchased to be used as company benefits or incentives, competition prizes, or any other promotional or public relations activity are subject to an additional surcharge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Standard terms and conditions of entry into the zoo apply for all participants on our experiences. ZSL reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
- All experiences have a health and safety briefing at the beginning of the session. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure they arrive on time. It is essential that all participants attend. Please allow plenty of time to travel to the experience, especially if travelling in or near London, so that you do not miss any of this briefing.
- Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality this cannot always be achieved; please contact ZSL on email@example.com for advice before purchasing any of our experiences.
Please see below for additional terms and conditions for each experience.
Additional terms for Keeper for a Day (Adult and Junior):
- Participants must be aged 16 years or over for the adult experience. On the junior experience, participants must be 11-15 years old, plus an accompanying adult over 18 years old who must be present throughout the whole experience. Participants will need a reasonable level of fitness to take part in the activities. Once a date has been booked, the experience is non-refundable if it has to be cancelled due to these restrictions not being met.
- Exceptional circumstances affecting the accompanying adult will not be taken into account for the junior version if discussing refunds or changing the date.
Additional terms for Photo workshops:
- Participants must be over 16 years old.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they bring their camera and all other necessary equipment with them on the day. There will not be any spare cameras, batteries etc. which we can lend you on the day. An equipment list can be found at www.zsl.org/photographyin the FAQs section.
- It is sometimes necessary for us to change the photographer from the one advertised. We aim to replace them with someone with the same experience, and competency to training.
Additional terms for Bedbugs:
- For every 5/6 children, we require at least 1 accompanying adult who must be over 18 years old. The number of adults should never exceed the number of children per group. Accompanying adults also need valid BedBUGS tickets.
- All participants will sleep in BUGS, but boys and girls have separate sleeping areas if you are bringing a mixed group please advise us on numbers.
- All children need to be 7-11 years old.
Additional terms for Meet the Animal experiences:
- General admission ticket or valid membership per person must be purchased to be allowed entry into the zoo and take part in any of the Meet the Animals experiences.
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience.
Additional terms for Meet the Penguin experiences:
- Children: must be at least 8 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Penguins ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Giraffe experiences:
- Children: must be at least 3 years of age, at least 3-foot in height and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Giraffes ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Meerkats experiences:
- Children: must be at least 5 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Meerkats ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Kangaroo Outback experiences:
- Children: must be at least 3-foot in height or over 8 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Kangaroo Outback ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Rainforest experiences:
- Children: must be at least 6 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Rainforest ticket.
- The experience is not suitable for those with nut allergies.
Additional terms for Meet the Lions experiences:
- Children: must be at least 12 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Lions ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Aardvarks experiences:
- Children: must be at least 8 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Aardvarks ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Tiger experiences:
- Children: must be at least 12 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Tigers ticket.
Additional terms for Meet the Elephant experiences:
- Children: must be over 3 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also have a valid Meet the Elephants ticket.
Additional terms for Hullabazoo Birthday Parties
- Once a date has been booked, a full refund on all tickets and upgrades or a date change will be made as long as it is a minimum of 1 month before the date of the party. Upgrades and individual child or additional adult tickets can be added or refunded up to 2 weeks before the party date, at which point no change can be made to the booking or refunds given except due to exceptional circumstances.
Additional terms for the Friendly Spider Programme
- An adult is required to accompany participants under 16 years old. The adult must bring along a signed guardian consent form (which can be found in the booking information pack). The accompanying adult does not need a ticket (unless they wish to participate too).
Additional terms for the Gir Lion Lodge at ZSL London Zoo
- On an Adult only night each lodge can accommodate a maximum of two guests sharing one lodge (twin beds or a double bed). Young adults over 14 years old are welcome to attend as one of the guests on adult only nights, but must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or older.
- Children aged 14-17 years can stay in a lodge on their own provided that there is an adult aged 18 years and above attending on the same night.
- On a Family friendly night, children aged 5 – 13 years old are welcome to attend, with an accompanying adult. Each lodge can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children. Please note, under 5’s are not permitted on any night.
- Children aged 5-13 years cannot stay in a lodge without an adult aged 18 years and above in the same lodge.
- You can enter ZSL London Zoo any time after 10am on the day of arrival but you must be at the Gir Lion Lodge reception area at 17:00pm to check in. If you are running late on the day of your experience, please call your hosts on 079 1778 4522. (Please note: Guests are welcome to spend the day of departure at either ZSL London Zoo or ZSL Whipsnade Zoo).
- Please visit www.zsl.org/gir-lion-guest-pack to download the guest information pack. This includes further information on your stay including an itinerary, directions, frequently asked questions, and terms and conditions.
Additional terms for the Lookout Lodge at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- On an Adult only night each lodge can accommodate a maximum of two guests sharing one lodge (twin beds or a double bed). Young adults over 14 years old are welcome to attend as one of the guests on adult only nights, but must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or older.
- Young adults aged 14-17 years can stay in a lodge on their own provided that there is an adult aged 18 years and above attending on the same night.
- On a Family friendly night, children aged 5 – 13 years old are welcome to attend, with an accompanying adult. Each lodge can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children. Please note, under 5’s are not permitted on any night.
- Children aged 5-13 years cannot stay in a lodge without an adult aged 18 years and above in the same lodge.
- You can enter ZSL Whipsnade Zoo any time after 10am on the day of arrival but you must be at the Lookout Lodge reception area at 16:30pm to check in. If you are running late on the day of your experience, please call your hosts on 07796 756146. (Please note: Guests are welcome to spend the day of departure at either ZSL Whipsnade Zoo or ZSL London Zoo).
- Please visit http://www.zsl.org/guest-pack to download the guest information pack. This includes further information on your stay including an itinerary, directions, frequently asked questions, and terms and conditions.
Additional terms for Free Weekday Parking Offer
- Free parking for cars and motorbikes from 10am Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays and school holidays: 22 Dec 2016 – 2 Jan 2017 and 11–19 Feb 2017 inclusive).
- Charges at other times and for other vehicles still apply.
- Only valid in conjunction with a paid-for Zoo entry ticket.
- Parking space subject to availability.
- Offer scheduled to end 31 March 2017, but may be amended or withdrawn by ZSL at any time.
In these terms “ZSL” refers to the organisation or organisations relevant to your transaction as specified in the specific terms relating to each transaction type (the “Specific Terms”). The word “Terms” refers to the Specific Terms together with these Common Terms.
Amendments to the Terms
ZSL reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and the Terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use the website and or you enter into any transaction with ZSL, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Events beyond ZSL’s reasonable control
ZSL will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control. This term does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these Terms and ZSL takes no action, ZSL will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
Warranty as to Age and Residential Status
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into any transaction through this website (including instructing us to collect any payments from a payment card or billing account) and to use this website in accordance with the Terms. You agree to be financially responsible for all transactions you undertake through your use of this website (as well as for use of your account by others). You also warrant that you are a resident of the United Kingdom.
Limitation of Liability
Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from ZSL’s negligence, ZSL, its employees and or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising out of or in connection with ZSL’s relationship with you to the extent permitted by law.
In the event that the above exclusion of liability is not effective, ZSL’s maximum aggregate liability (save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from ZSL’s negligence) shall be the amount paid by the claimant to ZSL in respect of the transaction out of which the claim against ZSL arose.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and ZSL in respect of the relevant transaction and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and ZSL with respect to the transaction. A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Third Party Rights
None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or ZSL.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This website is directed to the United Kingdom and therefore certain terms and conditions may not be applicable to non United Kingdom nationals who access this website.
ZSL: Standard Terms And Conditions For Goods And Services
These Terms and Conditions ("Ts&Cs") shall govern the purchase of Goods and/or Services by ZSL and may only be varied with the written agreement of ZSL. ZSL reserves the right to amend, edit, modify, alter, change and update the Ts&Cs from time to time. It is the Supplier’s sole responsibility to ensure that it has read and understood the Ts&Cs, as may be amended from time to time.