At the centre of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is Hullabazoo - a special area dedicated to entertaining your little creatures! Hullabazoo is made up of Hullabazoo Farm, Hullabazoo Indoor Play and Hullabazoo Adventure Play.
Hullabazoo Farm is an interactive, up-close adventure, where little ones will be able to meet and greet a whole host of farmyard friends. Find out more about Hullabazoo Farm.
Hullabazoo Indoor Play
Each element of Hullabazoo Indoor Play is designed around different habitats enabling your children to have fun and mimic their favourite animals. You’ll be able to watch your little ones crawl through the garden, climb like an insect or journey through the Antarctic to become a penguin sliding down the ice.
Hullabazoo Adventure Play
Little ones will be climbing new heights at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo with the launch of Hullabazoo Adventure Play – a brand new, outdoor play area.
See videos of Hullabazoo indoor play, adventure play and farm!
Now open to the public, Hullabazoo Adventure Play has been specially designed around animal movement, giving youngsters the chance to slither and slide as they run wild and test their agility against one another.
Taking pride of place in the play area will be Whipsnade Heights, made up of six giant towers for children to tackle before they climb cargo nets, clamber over rope bridges and slide down fireman’s poles.
Other fantastic features in the Zoo’s bespoke play area include a zip wire, monkey bars, balance beams, seesaws and climbing frames. And Whipsnade’s youngest visitors haven’t been forgotten about either, as they’ll have their own dedicated play space with swings, slides, and a roundabout.
Marketing Manager at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Laura Duffy said: “Whipsnade’s brand new play area will be a big adventure for little ones. We hope they’ll be inspired by watching our animals at play before exploring the new play equipment as part of a fantastic family day out.”
Hullabazoo Adventure Play, located at the heart of the Zoo next to Hullabazoo Indoor Play and the farm, is suitable for children of all ages, and is open 364 days of the year.
Each element of Hullabazoo is designed around different habitats enabling your children to have fun and mimic their favourite animals. You’ll be able to watch your little ones crawl through the garden, climb like an insect or journey through the Antarctic to become a penguin sliding down the ice.
Plus we haven’t forgotten you. We understand as parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles that you too have needs, so we will have comfortable seating and a selection of quality food and drinks available within the vicinity.
Hullabazoo indoor play is located at the Children’s Farm (in the heart of the Zoo) and is suitable for children up to 10 years of age.
Booking a play time
Hullabazoo has been hugely popular, and for the safety of your children we can only accommodate a limited number at any one time. If you would like to enjoy our latest addition, please make your way to Hullabazoo & if the current session is full we are happy to put your name down for a later time.
Please note that this is on a first come, first served basis, and there have been days during the ½ term when all the sessions have booked up quickly.
Hullabazoo Indoor Play terms of entry
- Guardians are responsible for the supervision of all children in their care at all times.
- We provide members of staff who are first aid trained, any children who suffer from sickness, diarrhoea or contagious conditions will not be allowed within Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- All customers must remove their shoes before playing and for hygiene reasons MUST wear socks, underwear and appropriate clothing.
- Age restrictions are necessary for the safe use of equipment; children must play in the age appropriate area (baby garden 18mth - 3yrs, junior play frame for 4-10 yrs.). Maximum age on the equipment is age 10.
- Timed sessions apply, customers may not book consecutive sessions.
- Only food and drink purchased in Hullabazoo may be consumed on the premises.
- Photography must be restricted to your own children only, and we ask you do not stand at the bottom of the slide to take photos, management may ask to see photos if a complaint is made.
- No Buggies/scooters/bikes etc in Hullabazoo Indoor Play.
- Fighting or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated; guilty parties may be asked to leave.
- We advise that children wear long sleeves and trousers without any ropes or cords, remove objects from pockets and leave personal items with a guardian; we cannot accept any liability for losses or thefts.
- All customers must abide by all written and verbal instructions from staff.
- We do not tolerate any form of abuse towards staff. Management retains the right to refuse entry.
More visitor information
With so much to see and do, a visit to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is the perfect day out in Bedfordshire for people of all ages.
Our Visitor Information page has all the information you need to plan your day.
Some of the many animals you can meet on the farm include, miniature donkeys, Trevor and Tulip, a family of pygmy goats, Gloucester old spot pigs and piglets, sheep and lambs, bunnies, guinea pigs, ferrets and cute newly-hatched chicks.
Every element of the farm has been specially designed to enable visitors to get closer to the animals than ever before. Visitors to Hullabazoo Garm will be able to explore the pygmy goats’ walk-through home, groom ponies and join in with daily interactive talks and activities, including hands-on mini keeper sessions, animal handling, and storytelling, with keepers on hand to answer all of their farmyard questions.