Here at the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) we think, sleep, and breathe animals.
The ZSL Animal Photography Prize welcomes photographers who share our obsession, and can capture that special something that transports us into the amazing world of the wild.
Jaw-droppingly good photography is a must – but we are looking for more than a pretty picture. We want images that take your breath away – just like real animals do – and challenge people’s perceptions of wildlife and our relationship with it.
The 2015 competition is now closed and the best images received will form the basis of a stunning exhibition to be staged in the heart of ZSL London Zoo later this year.
The Perfect Moment
Patience is rewarded when you capture that stunning shot.
Last Chance to See?
Threatened habitats, endangered species and living conservation.
Weird & Wonderful
EDGE species, amazing adaptations and unexpected surprises.
From the massive to the microscopic, this is the category for the most amazing micrographs to the biggest panoramas.
The Birds and the Bees
From birds in flight to love at first sight… avian images, incredible invertebrates .
Deep & Meaningful
Everything aquatic, anything in, around or under the water.
Terms and conditions
1. All entries must be the original work of the entrant. The entrant must own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image.
2. All finalists will be required to provide a high resolution digital file of their chosen image and may be also asked to provide an original unedited digital file.
3. Entrants to the Young Person’s competition must be under 18 years of age.
4. Your unique entry code must be included in the file name of each photograph entered.
5. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Entrants grant ZSL a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use the finalists’ work for all purposes connected with the competition and ZSL, including but not limited to post-promotion publicity.
7. Minor manipulation of images using Photoshop or equivalent is permitted.
8. It is up to each entrant to ensure that they have read, understood and abided by the competition rules.
If you experience difficulty uploading your photos please get in touch via our contact form.