ZSL's team of mangrove researchers have published the following manuals:
- Manual on Community-Based Mangrove Rehabilitation (cover) (4.81 MB)
- Manual on Community-Based Mangrove Rehabilitation (10.14 MB)
- Manual on Mangrove Reversion of Abandoned and Ilegal Brackishwater Fishponds (2.92 MB)
IUCN SSC Mangrove Specialist Group
Established in 2013, the IUCN SSC Mangrove Specialist Group (MSG) aims to support mangrove research and conservation projects by bringing together experts in the field to share their knowledge. Hosted by ZSL, the group aims to assess the conservation status of mangroves; identify, quantify and prioritise threats; and develop plans to conserve the most threatened species and habitats.
IUCN Mangrove Specialist Group Statement for 2014 World Parks Congress: Mangroves: Protect, Restore, Expand
- Dr Heather Koldewey overseas ZSL-Philippines, with Glenn Labrado the ZSL-Philippines Country Manager.
- Dr Jurgenne Primavera is ZSL’s Chief Mangrove Scientific Advisor and Co-chair of the IUCN Mangrove Specialist Group.
- Louise Baldwin is the Philippines’ Project Co-ordinator and programme officer for the IUCN Mangrove Specialist Group
Partners and sponsors
Department of Environment and Natural Resources; Bureau of Aquatic Resources
Kindly sponsored by: Big Lottery Fund; GIZ ACCCoast initiative; Waterloo Foundation; Darwin Initiative; International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR); Philippines Tropical Forest Conservation Foundation, American Forests.