- Gangetic river dolphin, P. g. gangetica, Endangered. It is a subspecies of the freshwater South Asian river dolphin Platanista gangetica that is found in India, Bangladesh, Nepal & Pakistan.
- Gitanjali Bhattacharya runs ZSL’s river dolphin project
Partners and sponsors
- Aaranyak: Primary conservation NGO in northeast India, who are coordinating the Gangetic Dolphin Research & Conservation Programme.
- Ministry of Environment & Forests: Wildlife management authority in the Government of Assam.
- Wildlife Institute of India: Premier wildlife research organisation in India under Ministry of Environment & Forest, Govt. of India.
- This is a Darwin Initiative funded project