We aim to ensure that our Learning sessions are as inclusive as possible, and that they meet the diverse needs of all learners.
The learning team have a number of existing sessions and activities that are suitable for students with a wide variety of needs. SEND schools and groups are welcome to book sessions for a different Key Stage, if they feel that the level and content would be more appropriate to their students.
Please see here for a full list of our available education sessions.
When booking a session please be sure to mention any information about the additional needs of your students as this will help us to tailor the session to best suit your group.
FREE Pre-visit Skype
All SEND classes booking a school trip to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo are eligible to book a FREE skype call with the learning team. These calls are to help you prepare your students for visiting an unfamiliar location. The calls will lasts up to 20 minutes and offer students the opportunity to virtually meet and speak with a member of the learning team and see a small section of the zoo. They will be able to ask their own questions about the zoo and what will happen on the day of their visit. Please book your call with our supporter contact team on 0344 225 1826.
We have also developed a Visual Story to support students with autistic spectrum conditions, preparing them for their Zoo visit, and introducing them to some of the animals they might meet.
- To book a self-guided school visit, or to book an education session, please refer to our school bookings information page.
- For any enquires regarding planning a school visit for your learners with SEND, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – if you would like to talk to a member of our Discovery & Learning team, please include your telephone number in the email and we will call you back as soon as possible.
- Free entry for 1-to-1 staff supporting SEND students on school visits.
- Jumbo Express: Book your train ride with our admission team when you arrive at the Zoo for your visit.
- Changing hoist and changing bed available on site (you will need to bring your own slings). Please get in touch with our Supporter Contact team on 0344 225 1826.
- Find out more about Accessibility at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.