*This workshop is currently suspended*
In Exploring Habitats and Endangered Animals pupils explore several different habitats from around the world. They will discover, through interactive activities, what these habitats are like and investigate the animals that live in them. In groups, children will discuss the features that make these animals suited to their habitat. Using examples of zoo residents, children will learn what an endangered animal is and consider how they can help protect the wildlife local to them.
|Age: KS1 (5-7 years)||Duration: 45 minutes||Capacity: 35 students|
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Pupils will be able to:
- Gain an understanding that a habitat is a place where an animal lives
- Describe different habitats
- Understand that different animals are suited to different habitats
- Organise different animals into their respective habitats
- Understand the terms endangered and extinct
- Name actions they can take to protect wildlife around them.
|KS1 Science||Working Scientifically||
|Animals, including humans||
|Living things and their habitats||
|Geography||Human and Physical||