Our home education workshops are designed for children from 5 to 16 years old who are being home educated. Delivered by a diverse and highly skilled education team, we provide unique interactive experiences using resources such as live animals, animal objects and multimedia. You can choose to attend every workshop in the relevant age range or just a few that peak your interest.
How to book
Due to Covid19 restriction our planned programme of home education workshops have been postponed. We will update this webpage with new dates and workshops titles when they are able to restart. Home educators are still eligible for education rates.
Any objects from the natural world used in these session are loaned to us by HM Revenue and Customs.
Please be aware that though we may use a live animal in some of these sessions, but we do not guarantee that they will be present – animals can fall ill or be unwilling to be handled and their welfare is ZSL’s first priority.
- The workshops are divided into age groups to give parents a guide to the level of language and detail we will be covering but if you feel a session in a different age bracket is more appropriate please for you child you may book it.
- Younger / older siblings are welcome to sit in on the workshops but for the benefit of all participants we request that they do not disrupt the workshop, or they may be asked to leave.
- Parents must remain with their children at all times during workshops.
- No food or drink is to be consumed in workshop rooms.
- Booking is required for every workshop your child wishes to participate in and workshops are charged from mid-February to August 31st.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Full terms and conditions here.
- ZSL reserves the right cancel workshops if fewer than 5 people are booked onto a single workshop. ZSL will notify all participants with no less than 3 days’ notice.
- Maximum number of children participating in workshops are 15.