Sense-sational Festival is a unique annual event at ZSL London Zoo, welcoming children and young people with learning disabilities and their families and friends.
With extra activities and discounted entry, Sense-sational Festival is an exciting and exceptional event not to be missed.
This year’s Sense-sational Festival will take place on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 September 2021. Limited tickets are on sale now. Please note that ZSL London Zoo is open as per usual during this event. All Sense-sational Festival activities are free.
- A Very Special Welcome: A dedicated Sensesational Festival entrance where our staff and volunteers will be ready to greet you.
- Singing Hands: Meet Suzanne and Tracy in person as they introduce you to the amazing world of animals through Makaton themed signs, songs, rhymes, stories and games. Shows are free and run throughout the day.
- Wildlife Explorer: Activities will be taking place in our new walkthrough Wildlife Garden.
- Sensory Storytelling: Immersive and interactive stories about the natural world.
- Pop up touch tables: Investigate the natural world at our touch tables.
- Downloadable trail: will be available on the day
- Sensory Space: Somewhere quiet and calm to take a break from all the excitement.
- Additional friendly staff and volunteers on hand to assist
- Changing Places facilities available in Animal Adventure.
- A dedicated first aid and lost children's post with qualified staff
Accessibility Page & Access Guide
Please click here to view our Access Guide on our Accessibility Page.
We have parking facilities, but please be aware, parking in the Zoo's main car park is significantly reduced due to ongoing third party works. For more details, please see our parking information.
Disabled visitors can park on the main road for up to four hours. We do also have disabled parking spaces in the main car park.
All Pay and Display parking bays in Regent's Park allow free parking to blue badge holders (for a maximum of four hours, Monday to Saturday 9am - 6pm).
Bag checks in progress
We always want to make sure that ZSL London Zoo is a safe and secure place to visit. In line with increased security measures being implemented across the UK, we will be carrying out bag checks at the Zoo entrance. We would also recommend, wherever possible, you leave large bags at home.
Planning tools and activities to help you prepare for your day at ZSL London Zoo
Visual and Sensory Stories
Visual and sensory stories to help autistic and neurodivergent people feel prepared for their visit.
Activities for you and your family to use while visiting us.