Sense-sational days are coming to ZSL London Zoo, welcoming children and young people with learning disabilities and their families and friends.
Sense-sational Days are a programme of events and activities especially created for children and young people with learning difficulties and their families and friends. Based on feedback from visitors to previous events such as Special Children’s Day and the Sense-sational Festival, we have developed a programme specifically for people to share their experience of visiting our Zoo in the company of people who face the same challenges daily and these activities will form a key part of our ongoing events programme.
Celebrating 40 years since the publication of much-loved author Rod Campbell’s classic storybook, ZSL London Zoo is hosting the Dear Zoo experience this Easter! We’re hosting a Sense-sational day on Wednesday 6 April for children and young people with learning disabilities and their families. Embark on an interactive activity trail, enjoy lively story-time sessions and of course learn all about our amazing animals while seeing them up close.
Please note that ZSL London Zoo is open as usual on this day. All activities are included in the ticket price.
- Relaxed Opening – early visits for neurodivergent families*
- Dear Zoo story session for families attending the Relaxed Opening and access to the Dear Zoo Trail
- Enhanced staffing to ensure there is adequate assistance for anyone who may need it
- Our story sessions will include signing for a more inclusive experience
- We’ve arranged a more relaxed story session for Dear Zoo and Look After Us
- Wildlife Explorer: spend time searching our wildlife garden to find the hidden natural treasures.
- Downloadable trail (please see downloads section at the bottom of this page)
- Changing Places facilities available in Animal Adventure accesses with a RADAR key.
- A dedicated first aid and lost children's post with qualified staff
Please click here for more information, including parking information and our Access Guide.
To keep our Zoo as safe and secure as possible, we do check bags on entry. For this reason, we’d recommend leaving very large bags at home unless absolutely essential.