Paying visitors need to pre-book their tickets in advance. Paid tickets grant visits any time after the time shown on your ticket, with last entry times below. Find out more here.
Members, Patrons and Fellows will only need to pre-book for weekends, and for school and Bank Holidays. The rest of the time you are welcome to attend as you wish with a valid Membership ID card.
ZSL London Zoo is normally open every day of the year except Christmas Day.
|12 April - 31 August 2021 (exceptions below)||10:00||17:00||18:00|
|1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 22 and 23 July 2021.||10:00||16:00||17:00|
|1 September - 30 October 2021||10:00||16:00||17:00|
|31 October 2021 - 11 February 2022||10:00||15:00||16:00|
- Last admission is one hour before advertised closing time
- Some animal exhibits may close up to 30 minutes before closing time
For your security, bag checks will be carried out as you enter the Zoo. Please have your bags ready for checking. Thank you for your co-operation.
On-site facilities opening hours
Eateries and cafes
- Coffees and hot drinks are available from our Barista Bar, outside The Terrace Restaurant from 10am until the Zoo closes. The restaurant is open for take aways from 11.30am - 3.30pm.
Bag checks in progress
We always want to make sure that ZSL London Zoo is a safe and secure place to visit. In line with increased security measures being implemented across the UK, we will be carrying out bag checks at the Zoo entrance. We would also recommend, wherever possible, you leave large bags at home.
Terms of entry
- Permission must be obtained for all filming and photography for commercial purposes
- Children under 16 will not be admitted without an adult
- Bicycles are not allowed on Zoo premises
- Rollerskates, rollerblades, skateboards are not allowed on Zoo premises. Children's scooters are permitted as long as they are supervised by an adult. No adult scooters are allowed on site.
- Heelys roller shoes must not be used as skates, but may be worn as shoes
- View full terms of entry here.