Animal Storytime takes place on the carpet in our colourful Activity Den. The children will be invited to listen and join in as we tell a story all about animals they can see at the zoo.
Children build the lively story with actions, answers and songs - adults are encouraged to join in too!
Age group: Nursery and Reception (Foundation 1&2, Ages 3 – 5)
Duration: 20-30 minutes
Capacity: 35 pupils
Learning Space: Activity Den
Early Years Foundation Stage Framework links:
- Communication and Language
- Listen to stories, accurately anticipate key events and respond to what they hear with relevant comments, questions and actions
- Understanding the world
- Make observations of animals and plants, and talk about changes
Intended learning outcomes:
Pupils will be able to:
- Identify common animals they will see at the zoo.
- Join in with appropriate noises and movements while listening to a story
- Support your students' learning before, during or after their visit with our online teaching resources.