Animal Storytime is an engaging story about the animals found around a watering hole in the African Savannah, using a variety of puppets and songs. The children will be invited to sit with us and join in as we tell the story, which features some of the animals they may see at the zoo.
Children build the lively story with actions, answers and songs - adults are encouraged to join in too!
Age group: Nursery and Reception (Foundation 1&2, Ages 3 – 5)
Duration: 20-30 minutes
Capacity: 35 pupils
Availablity: 10:30, 11:30 and 12:30 Mon-Fri during term time.
Early Years Foundation Stage Framework links:
- Communication and Language
- Listen to stories, accurately anticipate key events and respond to what they hear with relevant comments, questions and actions
- Understanding the world
- Make observations of animals and plants, and talk about changes
Intended learning outcomes:
Pupils will be able to:
- Identify common animals they will see at the zoo.
- Join in with appropriate noises and movements while listening to a story
- Support your students' learning before, during or after their visit with our online teaching resources.