How do you get a job at the zoo? What kinds of jobs are available? In our Animal Careers digital workshop, students will learn about the wide range of careers available here at ZSL London Zoo, the oldest scientific zoo in the world!
Students will consider the key skills needed for certain careers, covering keepers, vets, conservation and research work abroad. They’ll learn about transferable skills, and how important practical experience is in the world of animal work. This interactive session involves lots of opportunities for the students to engage in activities and ask questions
Age Group: KS3-4 (11-16 years old years old)
Duration: 45 minutes
Capacity: 35 students
Availabilty: Mon-Fri at 10:30,11:30 or 12:30 (term-time only)
Cost of session: £45
Intended learning outcomes:
Students will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the various routes into animal-based careers at ZSL
- Gain an understanding of the conservation work ZSL is doing across it’s 4 branches
- Investigate equipment ZSL staff may use
- Gain an understanding of the qualifications and practical experience that will aid them in reaching an animal-based career
Digital Outreach Technology
We recommend Microsoft Teams as the platform for delivering the Digital Outreach sessions. If you do not use this in your classroom already, other platforms are available to use upon request.
An essential, free Test Call is also booked at the time of booking the Digital Outreach session. This enables us to ensure the connection works before the actual session takes place. This test call must happen at least one week before the date of the booked session.
Please have the following information to hand before booking a Digital Outreach session:
- Contact email for teacher
- Direct phone contact for the day in case of connection problems
- A suitable date for your test call to take place (between 15:30 and 16:30 Mon-Fri)