Into Africa offers the opportunity to come eye to eye with some of Africa’s most unusual animals. Giraffes, zebras, okapis, warthogs and African hunting dogs all feature in this exciting exhibit.
Observe the elegance and grace of the giraffes from the viewing platform, taking in the African-like surroundings from a giraffe’s viewpoint.
Meet the Giraffes
Come eye-to-eye with the world’s tallest animal with our special Meet the Giraffes experience.
£54 per person
Enjoy hand feeding our giraffes an afternoon snack with an expert zoo keeper on hand to tell you about our all-girl giraffe group, Ellish, Margaret and Mollie, along with some amazing giraffe facts.
Meet the Giraffes experience includes:
- Meet and hand-feed our giraffes
- Meet an expert zoo keeper and discover more about our giraffes
- Kept to a maximum of six participants so you get quality time with the giraffes and zoo keeper
Please note that admission to ZSL London Zoo is not included and must be purchased separately.
What to expect on the day
This 20 minute VIP experience begins with a health and safety briefing from our expert zoo keeper who, depending on weather, will then take you inside the giraffe house or to our special VIP giraffe observation deck, which brings you head to head with our giraffe. You will then help our zoo keeper hand feed the giraffe whilst learning more about this amazing species.
There will be a maximum of six people taking part in the experience, giving you lots of time with the giraffes and zoo keeper.
Tip: You will have plenty of opportunity to take some fantastic photographs so don’t forget to bring your camera!
Is this experience suitable for me?
Meet the Giraffes is available for adults and children over the age of 3 years old and at least 3-foot in height; however children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult who also has a valid Meet the Giraffes experience ticket.
This experience is wheelchair accessible and guests with carers can get a carer ticket which lets carers enter the VIP area free of charge, but carers will not participate in the experience. To get a carer ticket please call 0344 225 1826.
Please note that pregnant or nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate for health and safety reasons.
- Meet the Giraffes takes place at 2pm, Monday – Sunday all year round
- £54 per person
Please note: ZSL members receive a 10% discount on this experience. Please call us to book on 0344 225 1826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to book
- Book online here
- Call us on 0344 225 1826
We also offer Meet the Giraffes as a gift voucher. Please visit our online shop here to book as a gift for someone.
Know before you book
Important information before booking your Meet the Giraffes experience:
- Admission to the zoo is not included and must be purchased separately
- Participants must be 3 years of age or older and at least 3 feet tall to take part
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult guardian – each adult must also have a valid Meet the Giraffes ticket. No more than 2 children per adult
- Pregnant or nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate
- Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer. Accompanying carers can enter the VIP area free of charge but will not participate in the experience. Carers will need to get a carer ticket. Please call 0344 225 1826
- Wheelchair access is available for this experience. For more information please discuss with us when you book
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience
- The experience itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice
- Please arrive on time, we advise guests arrive at least 10 minutes before the experience begins
- Your ticket will be forfeit if you turn up to the experience late or cancel within 14 days of your reservation
- The experience can take place indoors and outdoors so is not affected by the weather
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information
If you have any questions about booking please feel free to contact us.
2018 Dates and Prices
Because of its shy nature and the challenges of fieldwork in the forests of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), obtaining accurate and up to date information on the okapi has been a major conservation challenge. In 2010, ZSL started a collaborative effort to carry out the first range-wide conservation status review of this little-known but iconic species. This research led to the reassessment of the okapi as Endangered on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species and laid the foundations for the development of the first okapi conservation strategy, which outlines the conservation measures to be taken to ensure the persistence of this species in the future.