Prizes and benefits
- There will be one winner in total. The winner will receive a family overnight stay at the ZSL London Zoo Lodge experience at ZSL London Zoo.
- The winner will be given a voucher valid for use until 31 August 2020, and the experience is subject to availability at time of booking.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions as well as ZSL London Zoo’s General Admission and Experiences Terms, which can be found here.
- The prize winner must be over 18 years of age.
- Prizes are non-transferable and a cash alternative is not available. ZSL reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion without incurring liability, in the event circumstances affect its ability to operate the competition. We will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and we can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
About the Competition
- The ‘ZSL London Zoo Penguin Weight’ competition encourages people to visit the zoo between 24-26 August 2019 and complete an entry card including name and email address. Complete and valid cards must be submitted via the competition postbox located on site in our Membership Kiosk at the zoo by the end of the day on 26 August 2019.
- The competition is owned by the Zoological Society of London [ZSL], a charity dedicated to the protection of animals and their habitats.
- The competition is open to UK residents.
- Employees of ZSL, volunteers, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion, and their families, are not eligible to enter.
- ZSL accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete or illegible for any reason.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure they have read and obeyed the competition rules set out below and that their entry complies with ZSL’s requirements.
- Any entry found not to comply with the competition rules will be disqualified.
- The decision of ZSL on all matters relating to the competition is final and binding. No negotiation will be considered and prizes are non-transferrable.
How to enter
- The competition is open to adults aged 18 years or over.
- Enter by visiting the zoo between 24-26 August 2019 and completing an entry card including name and email address. Complete and valid cards must be submitted via the competition postbox in our Membership kiosk on site at the zoo by the end of the day on 26 August 2019.
- Entrants will guess the combined weight of two of ZSL London Zoo’s penguins to the nearest 10th of a gram. If it is not possible for any reason to weigh the two penguins named in any advertisements for the competition, ZSL reserves the right to weigh any two of ZSL London Zoo’s penguins.
- The competition is not open to ZSL employees, volunteers and their relatives.
- Entries received after 26 August 2019 will not be entered into the competition.
Selecting the winner
- If there is only one entrant guessing correctly, they will be deemed the winner.
- The winner will be contacted via their email address and provided with information on how to claim. If, after two attempts, we still haven’t had a response from the winner, a new winner will be picked in line with the process below.
- If more than one entrant guesses the correct weight, the winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries who guessed the correct weight.
- If no entrant guesses the correct weight, the winner will be the closest guess. If that closest guess is shared by more than one entrant, the winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries who had the closest guess to the correct weight.
- ZSL does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the prize,
- Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by ZSL.
- ZSL shall not be responsible for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause.
- By entering the competition, each entrant agrees that any personal information provided by you when you enter this competition, may only be held by ZSL for the duration of the competition, and used only for the purpose of administering the competition, including the use of the winners’ email address to directly contact them and to provide them with details of their prize.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.