Prizes and benefits
- There will be eight winners in total, one chosen each week from visits to ZSL London Zoo on the following dates: 7 June 2019, 14 June 2019, 21 June 2019, 28 June 2019, 5 July 2019, 12 July 2019, 19 July 2019, 26 July 2019. Each winner will receive a Meet the Animals experience for two people at either Zoo.
- Your prize can been redeemed anytime throughout 2019 for ZSL London Zoo.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions as well as ZSL London Zoo’s General Admission and Experiences Terms, which can be found here.
- Each prize winner can bring one guest and must include at least one responsible adult over 18 years.
- Entrance to either ZSL London Zoo is also included for the prize winner and their guest, should they not hold a valid ZSL membership.
- Prizes are non-transferable and a cash alternative is not available. ZSL reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion without incurring liability, in the event circumstances affect its ability to operate the competition. We will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and we can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
About the Competition
- The ‘ZSL Zoo Nights’ competition encourages people to share pictures of the Zoo Nights event at ZSL London Zoo.
- The competition is owned by the Zoological Society of London [ZSL], a charity dedicated to the protection of animals and their habitats.
- The competition is open to UK residents who enter by sharing a photo or video of their evening at Zoo Nights on Twitter using the hashtag #ZSLZooNights and @ZSLLondonZoo between 18.00 Friday 7 June 2019 – 22.00 Friday 26 July 2019. Employees of ZSL, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- ZSL Accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete or illegible for any reason.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure they have read and obeyed the competition rules set out below.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the competition rules and digital guidelines, and that that their entry complies with ZSL’s requirements.
- Any entry found not to comply with the competition rules will be disqualified.
- The decision of ZSL on all matters relating to the competition is final and binding. No negotiation will be considered and prizes are non-transferrable.
How to enter
- The competition is only open to adults aged 18 years or over.
- Entrants enter by posting a picture of themselves attending a Zoo Nights event, featuring the hashtag #ZSLZooNights and @zsllondonzoo.
- The competition is not open to ZSL employees, volunteers and their relatives.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. If you enter multiple times, ZSL will count this as one entry.
What to enter
- The entrant must have the permission of all people pictured in the photo before entering it.
- Entries must not contain any profane or abusive language, offensive gestures or hate speech.
What NOT to enter
- Photos that depict animals in an undignified or degrading manner.
- Photos that show dangerous or illegal behaviour or behaviour that could damage the object being photographed.
- Photos that show a lack of respect towards the object being photographed.
Any breach of the below ethical standards will constitute a breach of the Rules.
- Entrants must not compromise the welfare of any animals, and should never do anything to injure or distress any animals or destroy their habitat in an attempt to secure a picture.
- Entrants must not trespass or engage in any illegal, reckless or dangerous activity.
Judging the competition
- The winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and the winners will be contacted via Instagram with information on how to claim. If, after two attempts we still haven’t had a response from a winner, a new winner will be picked.
- All entrants may be featured in an element of the ZSL Zoo Nights marketing campaign (This may include, but not be limited to social media posts and use on the ZSL website).
Copyright and reproduction
- Each entry must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- The copyright in all photos submitted to the competition will remain with the copyright holder who will be credited in accordance with the competition’s guidelines (eg © photographer’s name).
- By entering the competition, each entrant grants to ZSL a non-exclusive irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public by any means and exhibit their photo(s) and copies of their photos(s) in all media throughout the world in relation to the competition and ZSL including but not limited to all use in the context of:
- Judging the competition
- Inclusion in ZSL’s marketing campaign
- Inclusion within ZSL’s websites, including within interactive elements associated with the competition and/or exhibition (now known or hereafter created) available for viewing or download from ZSL’s websites
- Inclusion in promotional, press and marketing materials associated with the competition and/or the Zoo
- Proof of electronic submission is not proof of receipt by ZSL.
- ZSL regrets that it cannot accept liability for the misuse of photos and/or failure of any third party to comply with the Competition’s credit guidelines.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that, if they win, ZSL may use their name and image to announce the winner of this a competition and to provide them with the details of their prize.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that any personal information provided by you with your competition entry may be held and used by ZSL only for the purpose of administering the competition and only for the duration of the competition.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.