BIAZA certified 'Birds of Prey in Zoos' Workshop, hosted by ZSL London Zoo.
This two day event will cover all aspects needed for basic care of Raptor management in zoos. Day 1 will cover breeding, enclosure design, welfare, enrichment, training, veterinary care, nutrition, conservation & education. Day 2 will focus on raptors in free flying demonstrations including EAZA guidelines, benefits of demonstrations as a form of enrichment, progressive training methods, telemetry techniques & options & vulture conservation.
- Download flyer: Flyer - Birds of Prey Workshop 19-20 April 2018 (477.47 KB)
- Jemima Parry-Jones MBE (Keynote speaker)
- Dr Neil Forbes BVetMed Dip ECZM (avian) FRCVS
- Miguel Santos, Zoo-marine Portugal
- Andy Hallsworth, Banham
- Andrew Hinton, Hawk Conservancy
- Workshop practical element, designed especially for Birds of Prey
Hosted by Mark Kingston Jones, Shape of Enrichment & Team Building with BITE
Attending this event
Booking is required to attend this workshop.
Tickets cost £100 (or £80 for BIAZA members, ABWAK members and EAZA members)
Venue: Education Building, ZSL London Zoo. See map.
Underground – Camden Town Station; Nearest bus - no. 274