Responsible to: Facilities Manager
ZSL London Zoo is a part of the Zoological Society of London, a charity dedicated to the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats.
A part-time First Aid Attendant is required to provide assistance to visitors and employees at the weekend. You will be working every Saturday and your hours will be 9:30am to 6:00pm (or 6.30pm during the summer) and 9:30am to 4.30pm during the winter. Candidates must ensure they can commit to the hours above.
You must have a current Statutory First Aid at Work Certificate with some experience in a similar role. If you have worked as a nurse or in the health and welfare sector and have Automated External Defibrillation (AED) training this would be an advantage, but is not essential. You will need to be a good communicator, both orally and in writing, with experience of dealing with the public.
- Reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses, logging them onto the incident management system and escalating to the Principle First Aider where required.
- The administration of first aid to ZSL employees, contractors, visitors and occasionally members of the public within and in the immediate vicinity of the London Zoo premises.
- Undertaking the supervision of lost children and vulnerable adults and implementing procedures in accordance with Child Protection guidelines.
- Conduct initial investigations post incident regarding remedial actions and communicate to the Principle First Aider or relevant department.
- Experience working with children and a genuine interest in working with children.
- Proven record of attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work as a team and be willing to undertake a wide variety of duties.
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with parents, staff and the general public.
- Current First Aid (Essential).
- DBS Checked (Desirable).
Applicants should complete an Equality and Opportunity Monitoring form and also send a CV and Covering Letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role addressing the stated criteria by email to ZSL’s HR Department - email@example.com.
Applications for this position close on Friday 16th January 2015. Interviews will likely fall on the following week (W/C 19th January 2015).