Prizes and benefits
- There will be five winners in total, one chosen each week from visits to ZSL London Zoo on the following dates: 9 September, 16 September, 23 September, 30 September, 7 October. Each winner will receive a gift voucher for an overnight stay at ZSL London Zoo Lodges, for two people at ZSL London Zoo.
- Your prize must be redeemed and used prior to 31 December 2019.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions as well as ZSL London Zoo’s General Admission and Experiences Terms, which can be found here.
- Each prize winner can bring one guest and must include at least one responsible adult over 18 years.
- Entrance to either ZSL London Zoo is also included for the prize winner and their guest, should they not hold a valid ZSL Membership.
- Prizes are non-transferable and a cash alternative is not available. ZSL reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion without incurring liability, in the event circumstances affect its ability to operate the competition. We will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and we can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
About the Competition
- The ‘Penguin Selfie’ competition encourages people to share pictures of penguin beach at ZSL London Zoo.
- The competition is owned by the Zoological Society of London [ZSL], a charity dedicated to the protection of animals and their habitats.
- The competition is open to UK residents who enter by sharing a photo or video of themselves in front of Penguin Beach on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #PenguinSelfie and tagging in @ZSLLondonZoo between 00.01 Friday 30 August 2019 – 23.59 Sunday 6 October 2019. Employees of ZSL, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- ZSL Accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete or illegible for any reason.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure they have read and obeyed the competition rules set out below.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the competition rules and digital guidelines, and that that their entry complies with ZSL’s requirements.
- Any entry found not to comply with the competition rules will be disqualified.
- The decision of ZSL on all matters relating to the competition is final and binding. No negotiation will be considered and prizes are non-transferrable.
How to enter
- The competition is only open to adults aged 18 years or over,
- By entering, you consent for your photographed to be shared on ZSL London Zoo social media platforms. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
- Entrants enter by posting a picture of themselves attending Penguin Beach at ZSL London Zoo, featuring the hashtag #PenguinSelfie and tagging @zsllondonzoo.
- The competition is not open to ZSL employees, volunteers and their relatives.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. If you enter multiple times, ZSL will count this as one entry.
What to enter
- The entrant must have the permission of all people pictured in the photo before entering it.
- Entries and accompanying text must not contain any profane or abusive language, offensive gestures or hate speech.
What NOT to enter
- Photos that depict animals in an undignified or degrading manner.
- Photos that show dangerous or illegal behaviour or behaviour that could damage the object being photographed.
- Photos that show a lack of respect towards the object being photographed.
Any breach of the below ethical standards will constitute a breach of the Rules and the entry being disregarded from the competition.
- Entrants must not compromise the welfare of any animals, and must never do anything to injure or distress any animals or destroy their habitat in an attempt to secure a picture.
- Entrants must not trespass or engage in any illegal, reckless or dangerous activity.
Judging the competition
- The winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and the winners will be contacted via Instagram or Twitter (whichever social media platform was used to make the original entry) with information on how to claim. If, after two attempts we still haven’t had a response from a winner, a new winner will be selected.
- All entries may be featured in an element of ZSL London Zoo’s marketing campaigns (This may include, but not be limited to social media posts and use on the ZSL website).
Copyright and reproduction
- Each entry must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- By entering the competition, each entrant grants to ZSL a non-exclusive irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public by any means and exhibit their photo(s) and copies of their photos(s) in all media throughout the world in relation to the competition and ZSL including but not limited to all use in the context of:
- Judging the competition
- Inclusion in ZSL’s marketing campaign
- Inclusion within ZSL’s websites, including within interactive elements associated with the competition and/or exhibition (now known or hereafter created) available for viewing or download from ZSL’s websites
- Inclusion in promotional, press and marketing materials associated with the competition and/or the Zoo
- Proof of electronic submission is not proof of receipt by ZSL.
- ZSL regrets that it cannot accept liability for the misuse of photos and/or failure of any third party to comply with the Competition’s credit guidelines.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that, if they win, ZSL may use their name and image to announce the winner of this a competition and to provide them with the details of their prize.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that any personal information provided by you with your competition entry may be held and used by ZSL only for the purpose of administering the competition and only for the duration of the competition.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.