About the Dear Zoo Gold member campaign
- The Dear Zoo Gold member campaign encourages Gold members to share a drawing of their favourite Dear Zoo animal and why they like to be invited to an exclusive storytelling session, using the form on Survey Monkey.
- The best submissions will be selected for an exclusive event morning with the author Rod Campbell to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Dear Zoo at ZSL London Zoo on Friday 1 April 2022.
- The campaign submission must be done by 27 March 2022. The event will take place on 1 April AM. Further details will be provided to the competition winners on or after 28 March 2022.
- The campaign is owned by the Zoological Society of London [ZSL], a charity dedicated to the protection of animals and their habitats, in cooperation with Dear Zoo publisher Macmillan.
- All participants and attendees of the exclusive storytelling session must have a valid ZSL Gold membership to be grated access on the day of the event.
What NOT to enter
- Entries and accompanying text must not contain any profane or abusive language, offensive gestures or hate speech
- Pictures that depict animals in an undignified or degrading manner
- Pictures that show dangerous or illegal behaviour
- Pictures that show a lack of respect towards the object being drawn
- By contributing to the campaign, each entrant agrees that ZSL may use their name and entry on the platforms indicated in their response.
- By contributing to the campaign, each entrant agrees that any personal information provided by you with campaign entry may be held and used by ZSL only for the purpose of administering the campaign and only for the duration of the campaign.
Copyright and reproduction
- Entries must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- By giving ZSL the permission to publish the entrant's submissions, each entrant grants to ZSL a non-exclusive irrevocable and royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public those submissions and exhibit their comments, pictures and copies of their pictures in ZSL-owned media outlets (e.g. website, leaflets, posters, emails, social media channels) in relation to ZSL including but not limited to the predefined channels.
Consent for filming / photography on the day of the event
The competition participants consent:
- to ZSL using images of the winners in video recordings, and/or photographs, taken/recorded (‘Images’) during the Dear Zoo event on 1 April 2022.
- to the event Images being used for marketing and publicity related purposes and I understand that they may be published on the ZSL website, social media channels, broadcast media, publications and relevant marketing activity in the UK.
By participating in the competition, participants understand that:
- The Images, and any other data will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation
- The Images captured will be the copyright of ZSL and any other intellectual property which arises in the recordings will also belong to ZSL
- ZSL will securely store copies of the Images for as long as necessary to fulfil the specified purposes and they may store my contact details on the database in case they need to contact me about my consent
- The participant agrees to irrevocably assign all property rights in the Images to ZSL
- The participant agrees to waive all moral rights in the Images to the ZSL
- The participant can withdraw the consent at any time, in which case the Images will not be used in future publications but may continue to appear in publications already in circulation
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.