It has been 10 years since researchers at the Institute of Zoology first began conducting marine research in the cold waters of Greenland. In collaboration with our partners at the Greenland Institute of Natural Resources, we have taken thousands of pictures and videos of the seabed spanning 2,000 km of coastline down to depths of more than 1,500m. We have provided valuable information to the Greenland fishing industry about the impact of trawling on the seabed, which has led to the protection of vulnerable habitats. This event will showcase the work that our team at ZSL, and our partners, have conducted in the last decade, documenting and protecting vulnerable marine habitats, and making detailed maps of the seabed. Join us to discover the wonders and variety of the seabed life around Greenland.
- Dr Chris Yesson, Institute of Zoology, ZSL
- Dr Diana Krawczyk, Greenland Climate Research Centre
- Dr Stephen Long, Institute of Zoology, ZSL and University College London
- Nanette Hammeken Arboe, Greenland Institute of Natural Resources
Science and Conservation Event Details:
- This interactive online event will be livestreamed to our YouTube channel, which can be found here: zsl.org/IoZYouTube. We will also share a direct link to the livestream nearer the event. You can Subscribe to our YouTube channel to make sure you don't miss it!
- Before attending this event, please ensure you have read our Code of Conduct here: Code of Conduct at ZSL Online Events (90.41 KB)
- The event will run from 6:00pm until 7:30pm, and will be recorded and available to watch on our YouTube channel afterwards.
- Each event will comprise of 3-4 presentations from experts in the topic, similar to our previous event series.
- There will be opportunities for questions from the audience to be answered after each presentation. We will provide information on how to submit a question live on the night. Please be aware we may not be able to answer all questions.
- There is no charge for this event, and no need to register in advance to watch the livestream.
- If you would like to submit a question to the speakers before the event, please email it to email@example.com with the event title in the Subject line.
ZSL Wild Science Podcast
We will be creating a fascinating podcast episode featuring some of the speakers from this event, so keep an ear out in the following months! Listen to previous episodes from our award winning ZSL Wild Science podcast episodes produced by Dr Monika Böhm, and Eleanor Darbey here.
- Contact Eleanor Darbey at firstname.lastname@example.org for any Science and Conservation Event related enquiries.
- For press enquiries, please contact the ZSL Press Office: email@example.com.
- For more information about how to join the ZSL Fellowship programme and engage with a network of thousands who are shaping the future of conservation, please click here.
- Sign up here to receive email updates about forthcoming ZSL and Conservation Events.
- Read the latest blog posts from our scientists and conservationists here.
- Follow us on Twitter @ZSLScience to hear about new publications from our researchers, upcoming events and podcast episode releases.
- Now you can also Follow us on Facebook @ZSLScienceAndConservation to receive notifications about new events!