One-day workshop - online booking required.
This one-day workshop is aimed principally at advanced PhD students and early post-docs. The event will review the key skills and knowledge that can enhance prospects for establishing a career in conservation science. The day will be structured around a series of talks and tasks facilitated by experts in their field, designed to promote active learning experiences and maximise networking opportunities for all. Topics will include: applying for an academic position; understanding funding options; working outside academia; and building an online profile/disseminating research outputs. Delegates will have an opportunity to hear about the career paths of researchers who work both in and outside academia. The day will conclude with a short workshop on scientific writing, providing tips on how to choose among possible journals, and discussing the peer-review and publication process.
Registration for tickets is not yet open
- Venue: Huxley Lecture Theatre at the Meeting Rooms of the Zoological Society of London, Regents Park, NW1 4RY. See map.
- Underground: Camden Town Station; Nearest bus: no. 274.
- Contact Eleanor Darbey: Eleanor.Darbey@zsl.org; +44 (0) 207 449 6227.
- For press enquiries please contact the ZSL Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up to receive email updates about forthcoming ZSL Science and Conservation Events.
- Follow us on Twitter @ZSLScience to hear about new publications from our researchers, upcoming events and ZSL Wild Science podcast releases.