Scientific Events Coordinator
Eleanor is the Scientific Events Coordinator within the Institute of Zoology at ZSL. She organises, develops and promotes ZSL’s annual programme of free Science and Conservation Events and Symposia from inception to completion, and helps with the Stamford Raffles Lecture and awards ceremony. Eleanor has an undergraduate degree in Zoology from Cardiff University, and carried out conservation field research on primates in South Africa and Malawi during this and her Masters in Primate Conservation from Oxford Brookes University. Following this, she developed her skills as an Event Manager in a corporate events company before combining these two areas of knowledge for her current position.
If you have an idea for a Science & Conservation event for our next annual programme starting in September 2019 or any questions about our events in general, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- Jan 2019 - Present: Scientific Events Coordinator, Institute of Zoology, Zoological Society of London.
- 2017 - 2019: Event Manager, HeadStart Events Limited.
- 2016 - 2017: MSc in Primate Conservation, Oxford Brookes University (Dist.).
- Included 3 month research project in Nyika National Parkl, Malawi as Principal Investigator surveying for Moloney's monkeys.
- 2014 - 2015: Animal Care & Administrative Volunteer, Wildlife Aid Foundation.
- 2010 - 2014: BSc in Zoology, Cardiff University, 1st class (Hons).
- Included 1 year research project as Primate Research Assistant in Lajuma Research Centre, South Africa, studying Samango monkey behaviour.
- Memberships: Primate Society of Great Britain (PSGB), Royal Society of Biology, European Federation of Primatology (EFP), Wildlife Society at Oxford Brookes University.
- Conferences: Attended 3 PSGB conferences during Nov 2016 - Jan 2017; presented poster at 2nd Get Published! University Student Research Conference, Oxford Brookes University in April 2017; and 7th EFP Meeting in Strasbourg, August 2017.
- Courses: Camera trap workshop by Dr Susan Cheyne; ZIMS workshop by Zak Showell, Twycross Zoo.
- IT: Extensive experience with Microsoft software, statistical programmes (R, SPSS) and mapping software (QGIS) for data analysis.
- External Interests: Wildlife art, photography and travelling