Wiley-Blackwell and ZSL are pleased to present the Conservation Science and Practice book series. Each title reviews a key issue in conservation today.
The series includes books that address the multidisciplinary aspects of conservation, looking at how biological scientists and ecologists are interacting with social scientists to effect long-term sustainable conservation measures.
Books in the series are based on symposia held at ZSL or other topics which meet these aims.
Titles in the series include:
- Antelope Conservation: from diagnosis to action - Edited by J. Bro-Jorgensen and D. Mallon
- Protected Areas: are they safeguarding biodiversity - Edited by L.N. Joppa, J.E.M. Baillie and J.G. Robinson
- Elephants and Savanna Woodland Ecosystems: a study from Chobe National Park, Botswana - Edited by C. Skarpe, J. du Toit and S.R. Moe
- Biodiversity Monitoring and Conservation: bridging the gap between global commitment and local action - Edited by B. Collen, N. Pettorelli, J.E.M. Baillie and S. Durant
- Biodiversity Conservation and Poverty Alleviation: exploring the evidence for a link - Edited by D. Roe, J. Elliott, C. Sandbrook and M. Walpole
- Managing and Designing Landscapes for Conservation - Edited by D.B. Lindenmayer and R.J. Hobbs
- Bushmeat and Livelihoods - Edited by G. Davies and D. Brown
- Participatory Research in Conservation and Rural Livelihoods - Edited by L. Fortmann
- Recreational Hunting, Conservation and Rural Livelihoods - Edited by B. Dickson, J. Hutton and W.M.Adams
- Reintroduction of Top-Order Predators - Edited by M.W. Hayward and M. Somers
- Wild Rangelands: Conserving Wildlife While Maintaining Livestock in Semi-Arid Ecosystems - Edited by J. du Toit, R. Kock and J. Deutsch
- Urban Biodiversity and Design - Edited by N. Muller, P. Werner and J.G. Kelcey
- Trade-offs in Conservation: Deciding What to Save - Edited by N.Leader-Williams, W.M.Adams and R.J. Smith
- Reintroduction Biology: Integrating Science and Management - Edited by J.G. Ewen, D.P. Armstrong, K.A. Parker and P.J. Seddon
- Tropical Forest Conservation and Industry Partnership: An Experience from the Congo Basin - Edited by C.J. Clark and J.R. Poulsen