Responsible to: Senior Learning Manager (Discovery and Learning)
Outline of Role:
The Schools Lunchroom Supervisor is a key role to support the Discovery & Learning department to meet the needs of their school visitors so they have an exemplary experience visiting ZSL London Zoo. This role supporting this new lunch space adds value to a ZSL London Zoo schools visit and continues to give value to the entry ticket for this audience and keep ZSL competitive as an educational destination.
ZSL had over 110,000 school visitors 2014 and soon the London Zoo will be bookable for 2015 by school groups within Mon-Fri term-time. Hours of work will be 9.30am – 2.30pm weekdays during UK term time. Therefore, candidates must ensure they can commit to hours.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Able to meet and greet school groups politely.
- Comfortable speaking with teachers and parents.
- Manage allocating space for classes in lunchroom area.
- Efficient liaising with and assisting other ZSL staff.
- Able to perform cleaning duties within lunchroom.
- Experience undertaking administration tasks as required.
- Experience working with children and a genuine interest in working with children.
- Proven record of attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work as a team and be willing to undertake a wide variety of duties.
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with students, parents, staff and the general public.
- Current First Aid (Desirable).
- DBS Checked (Desirable).
Applicants should complete a ZSL application form, equality of opportunity monitoring form and also send a CV and Covering Letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role addressing the stated criteria by email to ZSL’s HR Department - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position close on Friday 5th January 2015. Interviews will likely fall on the following week (W/C 12th January 2015).
N.B: For more details or if you would like to receive a copy of the full job description please contact email@example.com.
Full job description: