Here at the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) we think, sleep, and breathe animals.
The ZSL Animal Photography Prize welcomes photographers who share our obsession, and can capture that special something that transports us into the amazing world of the wild.
Jaw-droppingly good photography is a must – but we are looking for more than a pretty picture. We want images that take your breath away – just like real animals do – and challenge people’s perceptions of wildlife and our relationship with it.
The best images received will form the basis of a stunning exhibition to be staged in the heart of ZSL London Zoo in 2015.
Enter your photographs into six categories to be in with the chance of winning a part of the £10,000 prize fund!
Want to improve your photos? Then why not attend one of our Photography workshops, run by Dave Stevenson himself?
Celebrating some of the world’s most dynamic new animal photography, the Zoological Society of London’s (ZSL) Animal Photography Prize Exhibition is back for a third year at ZSL London Zoo with the winning images on display from Friday 19 September. Discover the world’s most incredible Animal Photography at ZSL London Zoo, as the 2014 winning photographs are exhibited in a stunning display of nature's wonders.
Submit up to six photos - one for each of our unique categories:
Patience is rewarded when you capture that stunning shot.
Threatened habitats, endangered species and living conservation.
EDGE species, amazing adaptations and unexpected surprises.
From the massive to the microscopic, this is the category for the most amazing micrographs to the biggest panoramas.
From birds in flight to love at first sight… avian images, incredible invertebrates .
Everything aquatic, anything in, around or under the water.
Entry to the ZSL Animal Photography Prize costs £15.
Submit up to six images (one per category) to be in with the chance of winning up to £2000.
Entry to the Young Person's ZSL Animal Photography Prize requires a £5 administration fee.
Submit up to six images (one per category) to be in with the chance to win up to £750.
1. All entries must be the original work of the entrant. The entrant must own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image.
2. All finalists will be required to provide a high resolution digital file of their chosen image and may be also asked to provide an original unedited digital file.
3. Entrants to the Young Person’s competition must be under 18 years of age.
4. Your unique entry code must be included in the file name of each photograph entered.
5. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Entrants grant ZSL a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use the finalists’ work for all purposes connected with the competition and ZSL, including but not limited to post-promotion publicity.
7. Minor manipulation of images using Photoshop or equivalent is permitted.
8. It is up to each entrant to ensure that they have read, understood and abided by the competition rules.
If you experience difficulty uploading your photos please get in touch via our contact form.