The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is a charity committed to the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. ZSL operates one of UK’s most popular leisure attraction, ZSL London Zoo and its sister zoo, ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
As a senior member of the commercial team at ZSL, this new role will be responsible for formulating and executing the online retail strategy for ZSL across all devices and marketing channels. You will be working within an enthusiastic and customer-focused environment, where objectives and outcomes directly impact upon the organisations surplus generation and as such the achievement of its mission.
- Manage E-commerce team to ensure the commercial and brand objectives are met.
- Develop and implement an E-commerce strategy to build new channels of revenue.
- Coordinate alongside marketing and commercial department’s reports on sales performance and to continually analyse data aimed at driving sales.
- Manage all digital content with a focus on SEO, Content and Social Media.
- Strategically ensure effective and appropriate product selection, range planning and online launch scheduling to deliver key growth targets whilst staying true to the ZSL brand.
- Idea generation: create edgy and innovative ways to increase traffic and sales.
The ideal candidate will be an established commercial and customer focused Ecommerce Trading Manager. ZSL is an organisation that is about to embark on an exciting journey of improving and advancing their technology. Therefore applicants should have:
- Knowledge of the E-Commerce marketplace, competitive landscape and technologies.
- Current or previous management experience with a proven track record of trading and merchandising on a digital platform.
- Knowledge of content personalisation, product recommendation and mobile optimisation.
- Analytical mind-set, with proven ability in extracting and utilising data from business and web analytics tools e.g. Google analytics.
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle and supply chain process.
- Ability to work autonomously and identify new opportunities based on consumer behaviour.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders.
- Familiar with affiliate marketing, e-mail marketing, CRM, PPC, SEO and social campaigns.
All applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- A concise Covering Letter explaining the candidate’s reason for applying and how the candidate meets the requirements of the job.
- Equality of Opportunity Monitoring Form.
Closing date for applications will be on midnight on the 20th January 2015.