Enjoy a special VIP outback adventure and leave with a spring in your step meeting our red kangaroos. You will have the opportunity to feed our resident kangaroos and see really how big they are! An expert Keeper will be on hand to answer any questions you have about these amazing animals, find out how high can a kangaroo leap, where they are from and where their joeys live. By taking part in this experience you will be supporting ZSL’s vital conservation work protecting amazing species, just like these ones, around the world.
- Arrive at meeting point 11:50 for a 12:00 start
- Meeting point located at the entrance to the Outback
Minimum participant age 8 years old
Ticket prices for 2017
- £54 per person Mon - Sun
Terms and conditions
- General admission ticket or valid membership per person must be purchased to be allowed entry into the zoo and take part in the Meet the Kangaroo Outback experience.
- Please listen to the keeper at all times. (Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the VIP area at any time should they feel necessary.)
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience.
- Maximum of 4 participants per experience. Children: must be 8 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Kangaroo Outback ticket.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Accompanying carers can enter the VIP area free of charge but must not participate in the experience. Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access available for this experience.
- Pregnant/ nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate for health and safety reasons.
- Cancellations: ZSL reserves the right to alter the experience or cancel on any given day if necessary. We will endeavour to contact you via email at least 24-hours before your visit to notify you of any changes. We recommend checking your emails on the day before your visit in case we have emailed you. If these changes result in you missing the encounter or you are no longer able to attend, please contact us to discuss options.
- Turning up late will invalidate your ticket and will not be refunded.
- Bookings cancelled up to 14 days before the date will be eligible for a full refund. Thereafter changes will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ZSL.