Prizes and benefits
- There will be one winner in total. The winner will receive an overnight stay in a ZSL London Zoo Lodge.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions as well as ZSL’s general terms and conditions, which can be found below.
- The prize is for up to two people to stay over at the ZSL London Zoo Lodges and is valid for one year from the date of the competition closing.
- Each lodge can accommodate up to two guests sharing one lodge with twin beds or a double bed. At least one participant must be at least 18 years old.
- Winners can stay on an Adult Night or a Family Night. On a Family Night, an additional two children may stay with the winners, subject to an additional charge for £50 per child. Alternatively, on a Family Night, one adult winner could have three children stay with them, again subject to an additional charge for £50 per child. Additional children must be 5-13 years old to attend with an accompanying adult. Please note, under 5’s are not permitted on any night.
- Further terms and conditions for the ZSL London Zoo Lodges can be found here.
- Prizes are non-transferable and a cash alternative is not available. ZSL reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion without incurring liability, in the event circumstances affect its ability to operate the competition. We will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and we can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
About the Competition
- The London Zoo: An Extraordinary Year competition requires entrants to fill out their name and email address, and answer a question related to the London Zoo: An Extraordinary Year documentary, using the competition online form www.zsl.org/competition. Complete and valid details must be submitted via the competition online form between 24 September and the end of 11 October 2020.
- The competition is owned by the Zoological Society of London [ZSL], a charity dedicated to creating a world where wildlife thrives.
- The competition is open to UK residents.
- Employees of ZSL, volunteers, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion, and their families, are not eligible to enter.
- ZSL accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete or illegible for any reason.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure they have read and obeyed the competition rules set out below and that their entry complies with ZSL’s requirements.
- Any entry found not to comply with the competition rules will be disqualified.
- The decision of ZSL on all matters relating to the competition is final and binding. No negotiation will be considered and prizes are non-transferrable.
- You must include on the entry form your complete name and email address. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entry will be declared made by the authorised account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorised Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to provide ZSL with proof that such winner is the authorised account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry.
- There is a limit of one entry per person to the competition, and the same e-mail address cannot be used to submit an entry for more than one person or on more than one occasion.
- Participation in the competition is open only to persons aged at least 18 (on the date that they submit their entry) who are a legal resident of the United Kingdom. All entrants must be natural persons acting in their own personal capacity and entries submitted by or on behalf of a company, organisation or body corporate will not be valid.
- Full address verification and proof of age and/or identity may be required by ZSL.
How to enter
- Enter by watching the London Zoo: An Extraordinary Year documentary, and submitting the answer to one of the following questions, either ‘What is the name of the new male elephant at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo?’ or 'What is the name of the female lioness at ZSL London Zoo who undergoes surgery?' on the competition online form, along with your name and email address. Complete and valid details must be submitted via the competition online form by the end of 11 October 2020.
- The competition is not open to ZSL employees, volunteers and their relatives.
- Entries received after 11 October 2020 will not be entered into the competition.
Selecting the winner
- The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries who have identified the correct answer to one of the competition questions.
- The winner will be contacted via their email address and provided with information on how to claim. If, after two attempts, we still haven’t had a response from the winner, a new winner will be picked in line with the process below.
- ZSL does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the prize.
- Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by ZSL.
- ZSL shall not be responsible for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause.
- By entering the competition, each entrant agrees that any personal information provided by you when you enter this competition, may only be held by ZSL for the duration of the competition, and used only for the purpose of administering the competition, including the use of the winners’ email address to directly contact them and to provide them with details of their prize.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.