To participate in a run or challenge you must agree the terms and conditions below. These terms constitute the fundraising agreement between ZSL and you, as a participant.
1. You understand that the event is not organised by ZSL, but by a third party (“Event Organiser”), in this case, the Virgin Money London Marathon (“VMLM21”). It is your responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the Event Organisers and to comply with these.
2. You confirm that you are medically fit and that you participate in the event at your own risk. ZSL will not be held responsible for injury or illness resulting from my participation and it is your responsibility to ensure your fitness to take part in the event.
3. We define a charity place runner as anyone who has obtained a place in the VMLM21 directly from ZSL and has committed to raise a minimum of £1,500 as a condition of the place, excluding Gift Aid and registration fee. This should be received by ZSL by 3rd December 2021.
4. All ZSL Participants must be aged 18 or over by the Event Date.
5. You understand that, if applying for a Charity Place, ZSL may need to notify the Event Organiser that you will be taking part, and share limited personal information so that the Event Organiser can contact you to confirm your registration for the event. You understand that, if needed, it will be your responsibility to complete the Event Organiser’s registration also.
6. ZSL has a very limited number of spaces in the VMLM21 and no guarantee can be given that your application will be successful. We may receive more applications than we have event places, so unfortunately not everyone who applies is guaranteed a place. Your application will be reviewed by ZSL team and you may be contacted to discuss your application by email or phone. We reserve the right to refuse applications at our absolute discretion without providing reasons for doing so.
7. You acknowledge that the £100 registration fee is non-refundable, and that charity places in the event are non-transferable. The registration fee does not contribute towards your fundraising target.
8. If your application is successful and you pay your £100 registration fee, we will provide you with details on how to register on the race organisers online entry system. You are required to complete your registration by 16:00 on Friday 16 July 2021.If you do not complete the VMLM21 online entry system you will lose your place and you will not be entitled to a refund or a deferral.
9. You agree to contact ZSL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to take part in the event and forward any money raised to ZSL to support our amazing animals and help us continue our vital work for wildlife recovery.
10. Any images, video, audio and quotes we collect from you during the course of your London Marathon 2021 journey may be used by ZSL in future marketing materials.
11. In the event of injury, or if you can no longer take part in the event you can terminate your place at any point by emailing email@example.com. We regret that we are unable to refund any registration payments made to us. Should you withdraw, you may return all your sponsor forms and forward monies raised (provided your sponsors agree to this) to ZSL or return monies to your sponsors. Your registration fee will not be refunded.
1. You agree to use your best endeavours to raise money for ZSL in connection with your participation in the event and, in particular aim to raise at least the specified fundraising target if you have accepted a Charity Place. Gift Aid doesn’t count towards your fundraising target.
2. You understand and will make clear to those who support my fundraising that any money you send into ZSL will be treated as a donation and used for ZSL’S work for wildlife. Donations are not generally refundable, even if you fail to take part in or withdraw from the event.
3. Any fundraising you undertake in connection with your participation in the event will be for ZSL only (applicable to Charity Place participants) and you will forward all monies donated to the Charity either by cash, cheque or via an online giving provider such as JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving no later than 3rd December 2021.
4. You agree to only use lawful means to fundraise for ZSL and will not bring the charity's names into disrepute. You agree to observe the following fundraising rules and comply with any further rules and requirements about fundraising of which ZSL notify you:
• Do not use the ZSL or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from ZSL and will allow ZSL to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
• Tell your sponsors that you are raising money “in aid of” ZSL.
• Do not incur ZSL any cost, claim, loss or liability.
• Contact ZSL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by ZSL in connection with this kind of event.
• Obtain approval from ZSL before approaching press or celebrities to support my event.
• You must secure the necessary approvals prior to undertaking street collections or collections on private property. House-to-house collections are not permitted.
5. You agree to take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised in ZSL’s name, both during and after the collections, until it is transferred to ZSL and you will:
• Ensure that if collecting cash, it is counted in the presence of at least one witness and that this amount is written, signed by the witness/es and a cheque for this amount is sent to ZSL.
• Send ZSL completed sponsor forms with details of the names and addresses of and amounts donated or pledged by all sponsors no later than 3rd December 2021. This will allow ZSL to process gift aid on donations. Please note that we will not contact your sponsors.
• Only use sponsorship forms issued by ZSL and not use any other type of sponsorship form (unless otherwise agreed with ZSL).
You confirm that you have read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions set out above, and understand ZSL may terminate the relationship if you are in breach of any of the terms and conditions.
We recommend that you print and keep a copy of this agreement with a note of the date on which you accepted its terms and conditions. Many thanks for your support and good luck with your fundraising!