Come and take a peek into a working Keepers Kitchen and uncover what goes on behind the scenes at ZSL London Zoo!
Starts 17 May 2021
What’s the role of a zookeeper? Where does the animals’ food come from? How on earth do you organise the care of over 17,000 animals!? Find out by booking onto a tour through our Keepers Kitchen!
Head down on a guided tour into one of our Keepers kitchen areas and let us show you the inner workings of ZSL London Zoo! Held within the basement of our historical Grade II listed Casson Pavilion which once housed our elephants and rhinos, you’ll catch a glimpse of our history too!
- Exclusive access to behind-the-scenes areas of the Zoo on a 15-20 minute guided tour through a keeper’s working yard and kitchen
- Discover what it takes to care for over 500 species and 17,000 individual animals on a daily basis
- Get insight into ZSL's global research and science, and history of our Zoos
- Opportunity to ask your guide everything you’ve ever wanted to know about what really goes on at ZSL London Zoo!
This tour is available daily at 3:30 pm. Tours depart from just by the Red River Hog enclosure. Lookout for the Meeting Point sign.
How To Book
Tickets are available from 10 am when the Zoo opens, on the day of the experience. Tickets are available from the Information Kiosk by the main entrance, as you enter the Zoo. Please arrive early to secure your ticket (only 10 tickets available per time slot).
General admission is not included and must be purchased separately.
- £5 per person
- £4.50 per person for Gold Members, Patrons, and Fellows