As a senior member of the Facilities Management team at ZSL, this new role will be responsible for formulating and executing the Health, Safety and Security Compliance strategy for ZSL. You will be managing a small team which provides and delivers a comprehensive strategic and operational H&S advisory service to ensure ZSL meets its key objectives and corporate plan. This will involve reporting to the Head of Facilities Management to monitor and re-shape the strategic and operational action plan as needed to suit the environment and working arrangements so that best practice is deployed. You will be working within an enthusiastic and customer-focused environment, where objectives and outcomes directly impact upon the aim of supporting the conservation of animals and to keep staff, visitors and animals safe and secure.
- Ensure directors and managers are made aware and implement all relevant Health and Safety legislation in the UK and Overseas
- Develop procedures and systems to ensure that ZSL achieves full legal compliance
- Act as the main contact for Local Authority and Health & Safety enforcement officers
- Manage Health and Safety committee meetings on both sites (Chair in the absence of Head of Facilities)
- Ensure that records and trends of RIDDOR, Non RIDDOR, and near misses are reported on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to the Head of Facilities Management
- Develop a full audit programme for both locations in the UK and Overseas locations (In particular compliance documentation, risk assessments and contractor controls
The ideal candidate will be an established Health and Safety Manager with extensive risk management and security experience. Therefore, applicants should have:
- In-depth knowledge of Health and Safety practice and procedures
- Previous management experience with a proven track record of line / people management.
- Knowledge of security issues in the UK and Overseas
- CMIOSH and NEBOSH or equivalent
- Analytical approach with experience of using data to identify accident trends and root causes
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and compliance
- IT literate – competent user of Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
All applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- A concise Covering Letter explaining the candidate’s reason for applying and how the candidate meets the requirements of the job.
- Equality of Opportunity Monitoring Form.
Closing date for applications will be on midnight on the 31st January 2015.