Do you know a young animal lover? Our Junior Zoo Keeper for a Day is the must-do animal experience for them!
In a group of up to five children, you will be given your own 'keeper kit' of everything you need to be a Zookeeper for the morning. Once you're kitted out in your Zookeeper uniform, you're ready to join our team! We will visit each of our animal sections, and get a taster of what it's like to look after one of their animals so that you get as much variety as possible. What do you think is involved in being a zookeeper?
Please note: An accompanying parent/guardian must be on site and contactable. The accompanying adult will get free entry to the Zoo but will not take part in the experience or access any behind the scenes areas, however, may follow the group and be kept busy with lots of great photo opportunities!
Things to know before you book
- Children must be aged between 11-15 years of age and be accompanied by an adult.
- General admission is included for the participant and an accompanying adult only. Additional guests will need to buy an entry ticket and will not be allowed access to the Zoo before opening at 10am.
- You must wear appropriate closed toe footwear for the experience.
- The experience takes place outdoors so please come prepared for the weather forecast.
- Unfortunately wheelchair access is not available on this experience. Please contact us if you are interested in this experience and require access.
- Please arrive on time to ensure that you are present for the health and safety briefing. We advise guests arrive at least 10 minutes before the experience begins.
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information.